Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Cascade Season Winding down...
View Single Post
Old 02-25-2001, 01:27 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:Cascade Season Winding down...

After all my grumbling about the winter the season is already promising to be action packed. I will either do the OP in March or go with Smitty to the Great lakes. Same amount of time, the issue is airfare or gas.

April - late April I hope to visit the Florida Keys, but that may go into May. May 12th-ish is the spring kick-off clave on Cape Cod, and the meister Jeff Roop informs me that I must stay with the boyz even if my family is down the cape for that weekend. I'm in deep doodoo.

Late May is Luis Nasim's visit to the salty side of the FF universe, hopefully I will convince Steve Moore that this canuck needs to be intiated in the ways of the brine on Slamdance.

As soon as the fish make the bathtub in the Monomoy "archipelago" I am flats bound. If you can make it out in June, I'd do it. There will be snarfin' going on here too. Either that or fall. Your July visit last year was OK but June and September are on a whole different level.

It's looking like a Housatonic river trip is in the cards, and if all goes well I would like this to be the year I see the Gaspe.

Anyway, my point is I need to distribute my brownie points carefully thru the season but a jump to the OP is not out of the question in March. The Hoh, Sol Duc, upper Bogey, calls!

Whatever happens, I will not miss the fall trip in the northwest. I liked what Tyler was suggesting last time we spoke.