Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Cascade Season Winding down...
View Single Post
Old 02-24-2001, 08:41 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Cascade Season Winding down...

With this being the last steelhead weekend before closures in Washington's Cascade River systems, I would imagine at 6:35 am PST most of not all are prying the nooks and crannies of every decent run right about now.

As far as all reports would indicate, it seems like it's been a heck of a late winter push and if there were any rain or water to speak of there would probably be a tremendous number of big nates in the rivers right now. Makes one wonder if the run predictions were on target, but that's another story. As many have said, it won't hurt to give the fish a break either.

I hope the PNW gang has a stellar weekend, enjoying the river with good friends, finding that magic connection to wild steelhead on a fly - nothing like it! I'm sure some will find some time during the week to say goodbye to what started out as a hot spring fishery. I know those would be three days I'd take off.

On the bright side, maybe I'll get those steelhead swap flies now <VBG>. Have a great closer, maybe I'll see you out on the OP next month.