Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Rickmon Lodge 5/1-5/8
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2004, 12:06 PM
Jonesin...

Rickmon Lodge 5/1-5/8

I just returned last night from my first Bonefishing trip. I stayed at Rickmon Lodge in Sandy Point, Abaco. The weather was tough with most days seeing 20-25 mph winds and partly cloudy conditions. Everyone at the lodge managed to make the most of the conditions with top notch guides who were able to find shelter and spot fish in very tough conditions. My total body count for the week was 22 fish with the largest topping the scale at about 6 lbs. We had numerous shots at double digit fish and I had a 9lber spit the hook after about a 175 yard run. The trip taught me a few things not the least of which is that the gray ghost has an appropriate mantra. These fish were extremely tough to spot with molted bottoms, cloudy skies and wind chopped flats. Other fish included a few jumped cuda and a number of small jacks and shad that loved to steal the fly away from a big bone moving in. The Bahamas life style is definitely a great change of pace from the hectic east coast. I met a number of great guys who were there on a group trip from Kaufman's in Portland, OR. They made me feel right at home and took me in as a honory east coast member of the "Brotherhood of the Bone." We also saw many other species of shark, snapper as well as one shot at a 15-20lb Permit. All in all it was a trip I will never forget and hope to repeat soon and often.

Sean
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sandy point 004 (wince).jpg
Views:	164
Size:	7.7 KB
ID:	3210