Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - go it alone bones in Yucatan
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2004, 08:55 PM

I'm headed for Cancun on May 30th. I've ordered a copy of Reynal's "Fly Fishing Mexico-The Yucatan Peninsula", (which Chuck is dragging his feet getting to me). I'm hoping it will shed some light on the situation. I took our high school graduates down there last year but didn't learn much that trip. Since I er.. aah.. HAD to take them out on a deep sea charter I consoled myself with large quantities of dolphin for supper. :hehe: :hehe: We have a charter scheduled again and I purchased 12 wt 4pc temple fork so I wouldn't have to try to drag my 2pc rods through customs etc. :hehe: Anyway, I digress... I know there are bones up and down the coast. I know there are bones in the lagoon at Cancun but you cannot fish them without a guide. I know the lagoon at Xel'ha is lousy with bones because I've dived there and seen them. (In case you don't know about Xel'ha it's a marine park/sanctuary, don't even think about it.) If I weren't stuck in Cancun with the children I'd stay at Isla Mujares or one of the towns down the coast where it would be easier to branch out on my own. Lets hope Reynal's book helps.