Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Proposed Bronzeback Clave Dates
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2000, 09:51 PM

RE:Proposed Bronzeback Clave Dates

Juro:
these are the Catskills... the cradle of fly fishing in America. We're talking the Beaverkill, Willowemoc, Delaware (west branch and main stem), Esopus Creek. We're talking potential green drake hatch weekend for browns and rainbows in freestone rivers. These conclaves are fishing conclaves, camraderie, suppers in the campground, etc.
To give you an idea of the planning. We had to gang up a year early to make sure we'd have massive access to the campground, as that is a busy time of the year. We planned this during the last day of the Pennsylvania clave and all agreed that on the first day of opening reservations for the NY State campgrounds, we'd all book en masse... We did, back in July or August... I forget which. The campground is at Mongaup and I'm pretty sure there are indications on Richard Frank's page on how to get there. If you're really interested get in touch with Richard and he'll give you the lowdown. Personally, I have never fished the Catskills. Been all around it but never had the opportunity. I'm really looking forward to it.