Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - Snap-tee? Pulley?
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2001, 09:08 AM
juro's Avatar
juro juro is offline
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Steelhead country|striper coast|bonefish belt
Posts: 20,594
Snap-tee? Pulley?

A couple years back, Brian showed me a Spey cast whereby you set to the upriver side with a lift and under-tuck motion, causing the line to wave upriver and position the fly on in the grip position. From this position a strong single Spey is possible.

I've heard it called the pulley, which makes sense - also the snap-tee... do you use the cast, and is there a difference between the two?

I hear the snap-T mentioned on Dana Sturn's Spey site often; clarification would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote