A few tips:
- never grease the drag surface for delrin style drags unless the manuf. says
- consider a dab of lithium grease on the little click pawl especially if it's a spring device
- relieve drag tension on natural cork drags while storing, oil to maintain cork
- make sure you rinse the spool attachment mechanisms, they are often little metal clips that rust out and sometimes lock your spool to the reel
- rinse the line too
- remove the reel from the rod once in a while to rinse out the salt in the seat
follow the manufacturer's directions for maintenance.