Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - 2004 springers
Thread: 2004 springers
View Single Post
  #4  
Old 03-28-2004, 01:53 PM
Willie Gunn's Avatar
Willie Gunn Willie Gunn is offline
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: Spey, Deveron.Brora, Ness, Connon, Beauly
Posts: 1,096
Re: Hi W. G.

Quote:
Originally posted by lummels
The 90% catch and release rate is really good for a river of its size,I take it the other 10% at Kinnermony and association were all bleeding badly!!,although I understand that the 1st fish off the Aberlour association goes to the local hospital.what is the policy at Kinnermony? is it anything goes or is it that the catches are that good that the beat has had so many fish that the fish killed have all been second fish!!
Its nice to hear that Tulchan D beat has had fish as they have had a lean few years up there,I take it Robert wont be welcoming his guest back with open arms!!The old school attitudes must change,this is acceptable if it is a youngsters 1st fish (ghillies discretion applied).
I am still off the opinion that the re capture rate of spring fish adds to the figures and it is a pity that the tagging scheme is still not being used.but who cares as long as there are fish in the river to re capture anglers will return!!
As far as I am aware Kinneromy have killed everything they have caught.
I understand that the first fish goes to the old folks home but the second?
I totally agree that attitudes have to change I would change the Spey board rules that everything goes back same as the Dee and that bleeding fish are handed in the estate, it is amazing how the numbers of bleeders stopped on the Dee when the estates kept the fish.
__________________
Willie Gunn
Quot homines tot sententiae

www.speygillie.co.uk
Reply With Quote