Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - We have a winner!
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2001, 11:21 AM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

RE:We have a winner!

Man, you just made my day! Great to hear such a strong commitment and will to help from you and I am sure we will get the exchange program going strong. In fact half of the Forum's "reason for being" is sharing homewaters across great destinations. The other half is to enhance the experiences of people who do happen to live near each other. I think those are the two best things the site can do for the people who visit.

Since day one we've had 'exchange programs' informal, but frequent. They were predominantly by chance, but some were very well planned (like Pete from Calgary, and Brendan O'Brien from Boston, etc).

The exchange between the northwest and the northeast has been by far the most frequent, I've done it every year since moving. Brian came out for a week and fished all over the cape. Nate Mantua visited us after a business trip last fall. Heck we've even had Ken Jenkinson from Australia join us on the spring conclave last year.

Your suggestion to make the exchange more defined and perhaps more regular of an event is a great one and I think it's just the ticket to build on what we started last year.

I and many others in the Northeast Region are likewise willing to offer info, lodging when possible, definite guidance and camaraderie, I can evern provide waders, shoes if they fit, rods, flies and the ever-important stripping basket

Let's discuss the options for seasons and lay out a few more of the details and make it happen!