Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - What goes in *YOUR* vest or chestpack?
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2001, 09:12 PM
bill

Hi Fred,

I don't know how much they've changed, but i've got the predecessor that i heard Bucks had copied, and like it for the salt. If you attach a couple of webbing straps to the shoulder straps in the back, you can lash on your rolled up raingear - you'll even forget that it's back there when it starts to rain

I'd suggest a couple of water bottle carriers that thread onto your wading belt - it's a nicer place to carry that kind of weight.

Here's an addition to your list Juro, that i carry in the back pouch - a small tupperware container for my wallet and the truck's remote control - never know when you're going to be in the suds.

While on the subject of raingear and suds, i've got a semi-dry top that has latex cuffs, a comfortable neoprene neck and a double waist with neoprene and tightening straps. If the tide has come in more than i thought, or i just think i might be in a dangerous situation, i'll don the top over my chest waders just in case i have to do some swimming. This is also when you'd want to be wearing slim neoprene boots!

Lastly, for any smokers out there, empty film cannisters are great for butts.

bill