Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - ohhhhh mannn...... I do got it bad.....
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2004, 07:49 PM
Coast2coast Flyfishaholic

Mid April for me... and I am all over the web looking for the best angles as well.

Exuma has a lot of kayak-able venues for DIY when you consider the chain of islands to the north "Exuma Cays" and of course the federal park, a shorter string pointing east from Georgetown that has me fixated, the 1 mile by several long area between the Elizabeth Harbor and Stocking Island recreational area, and opportunities around the most famous flats on the north and south ends.

Deadman's Cay on Long Island is known to be hard sand and very accomodating for the wading angler and a very attractive option. It's also where we plan to hold the ridiculous clave next winter, the Forum's first group venture into the heart of bonefish country on a budget program - unless another area takes precedence.

Grand Bahamas is also alluring, there are four distinct DIY areas that look very promising and would fill up a stay with adventure while providing lots of amenities along the Queens Highway from end to end.

Eleuthera and it's surrounding islands like Spanish Wells are very attractive as well, so many islands so little time!

All things being equal I'd like to go to Crooked Island or Acklins where few have tread, or fish the famous Andros bights - but since I will not have the funds for a proper lodge on this exploratory mission I will have to opt for more humble accomodations and aspire to stay in them next time.

This time it's exploration on a shoestring, and there's a certain appeal to that for me.