Fly Fishing Forum - View Single Post - A.p.b
Thread: A.p.b
View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 10:54 PM
Spey'd and lovin it!!!

A.P.B by Salmon Chaser

Hey guys.
Macspeys been putting a few flies up so i thought i would add one of mine.
Its called the APB and was originated for salmon on the West River, PEI Canada as those fish love orange flies. Also had thoughts of Margaree as it was in development and did indeed take its first fish at "Swimming Hole".
To keep it short, APB came about when a salmon moved through a pool at about 15mph and went straight out of sight. A friend said we may have to put an apb out on that salmon. As i was coming up with this fly, that day stayed with me and that is the name i put on the fly.
A few years later i met my future wife, her dad's name was Anthony Patrick Burton! Tony died from cancer three years ago and while the name of the fly remained the same, the meaning of APB was switched to remember my father in law. RIP
Nothing new under the sun, i know, but this is my twist on a standard Atlantic Salmon hairwing. Hope you like it.
Salmon Chaser
aka Dwayne
><)))*>
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	a.p.b. salmon fly.jpg
Views:	599
Size:	16.7 KB
ID:	2957  
Letters to a Salmon Fisher's Sons

Last edited by Salmon Chaser; 02-15-2004 at 11:34 PM.