Fly Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/index.php)
-   Great Lakes Steelhead & Salmon (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   PM's - 1000 th Forumn Post (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=6794)

pmflyfisher 06-20-2002 11:34 AM

PM's - 1000 th Forumn Post

Had to think a little about what to do for this forumn milestone.
I joined in late November 2001 now it is 7 months and 1,000 posts later.

Have enjoyed the information shared with the forumn's members from each area of the world. Learned a lot and I hope you have learned something from my posts.

Fly fishing is a wonderful out door sport in which you can enyoy nature, find solitude and pursue the complex challenges persented in the different types of fly fishing and species pursued. I have been doing since 12 years old thats 42 years ago.

I feel like I personally know many members but in reality there is not one member I have met in the flesh to date. Such is our cyber fly fishing world. Hopefully I will be able to personally meet many of you some day and fish together.

Below I attached a picture of me steelhead fly fishing in Michigan's Pere Marquette fly fishing only section. Probably my fondest north american river to date. If I had one day left to fish on earth and could have the PM to myself, this is probably where I would chose to spend it in pursuit of wild steelhead on the fly.

Look forward to more fly fishing information exchanges with the members.

Best,

Hal

pmflyfisher 06-20-2002 12:02 PM

Here is the picture

1 Attachment(s)
If this does not work I will need a waiver on maximum byte size.

Came out to small, have to go to lunch, will try again later.

fredaevans 06-20-2002 12:04 PM

Congrats on the 1000th!

Never thought to look it up until I saw your post. Initially I was registered as "Fred Evans (122 posts)," and 'something electronic happened and I had to re-register (875 posts +1). So this one gets me to 998.

I think I'll get a bottle of good single malt and compose something pithie for mine ... while under the influence.:whoa:

striblue 06-20-2002 01:25 PM

Hal..I thought I had Lefty to worry about..but I have kept ahead of him with ease...Just posted My 2000 post a week or so ago... now I have you to worry about too... I am will be looking back constantly to keep ahead of you.:devil:

John Desjardins 06-20-2002 01:35 PM

Congrats Hal, Boy I have a long way to catch up to you guys.

FlyFishAR 06-20-2002 05:22 PM

post #1000

Congrats Hal!!!!

John

fredaevans 06-20-2002 08:37 PM

Ok, my "Grand" too ...

Hal, beat me to the punch by 2. And I thought I was the "Chatty Kathy."
:D

pmflyfisher 06-21-2002 06:39 AM

1000 + posts and I don't think I have been censored yet.

Now thats the real accomplishment on the net I think.

juro 06-21-2002 06:47 AM

Congratulations Hal! We ought to have some kind of hall of fame or something, the "1000 post club", 10,000 post club, 50,000 post club, etc.

Any ideas?

pmflyfisher 06-21-2002 06:49 AM

Perhaps we could relate to the stages of an andramous fishes life cycle. You know fry, smolt, 1 salt, 2 salt, etc......

juro 06-21-2002 06:58 AM

Been done before and it only applies to anadromous species. I was thinking a page of fame kinda thing? Maybe order some tokens like a nice tape measure for the vest or something.

pmflyfisher 06-21-2002 10:15 AM

Cool :cool: :cool:

fredaevans 06-21-2002 10:50 AM

"Cool?" Hal, I have rotted your mind :>)

But 'right answer;' think it would be fun to have something like that .... but is it retroactive??????
:confused:

pmflyfisher 06-21-2002 11:37 AM

Fred,

I think you got to 1,000 posts by responding to my posts, so I think I should get some type of bonus posts or something like that.

BTW, at my local fly shop yesterday I noticed some odd looking flies in their cases which were basically small cuts of foam on a small plastic tube which had a marabou feathers around it. I asked the owner what these were and he said they are from Oregon, a drift fly fishing set up to be used with a Chuck n Duck slinkie type set up. That is the only way you could use this it is similar to a corkie drift rig. Ever seen these out there. The owner was not sure what they were called.

I told him my Oregon Rogue river FF colleague would be able to advise me what they were called. He had a lot of them to sell and I think I could get them real cheap but since I am not a chuck n duck guy but sink tip I have no use for them.

Ever seen these ?

Hal