Fly Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Forum (
-   >> Archive: Salmon & Steelhead Flies (
-   -   Wing burner? (

watersprite 04-29-2002 06:25 PM

Wing burner?

I'm a relative new comer to tying steelhead flies (any flies for that matter), hence this question-

What is meant by "using a wing burner"? Is there a tool for "burning" wings and things, and if so, what is its primary function and why?


MJC 04-30-2002 11:45 AM

Wing burners
Watersprite, Basically a pair of tweeser shaped in the form of whatever wing you want, mayfly, caddis, ect. You can take a larger feather, hold it in the burner and singe of the excess with a lighter. For a descriptive picture look here:

watersprite 04-30-2002 12:11 PM

Now I got it! Hey thanks.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright (All Rights Reserved)