Fly Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/index.php)
-   >> Archive: Salmon & Steelhead Flies (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Saltwater fly archives are smoking us ! (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=6030)

pmflyfisher 04-20-2002 07:40 PM

Saltwater fly archives are smoking us !

Took a look at the saltwater fly archives which are smoking the steelhead, atlantic salmon, trout and all other archives.

How can that be ? Fresh water fly fishing has a much longer history.

Striblue would you consider converting your efforts in our direction, we need help over here.

There at 1,000s of steelhead and salmon flies alone, and trout flies who knows how many there are of them.

Have to get a digital camera soon, so I can help out here.

FrenchCreek 04-20-2002 08:19 PM

I will do ALL the trout flies I received from the recent swap, pictures, patterns etc. ASAP after next week since I will be S.O.L. for the next 7 days.

John Desjardins 04-20-2002 08:34 PM

Pete the pictures are taken. I've been terribly negligent on getting the instructions on how to post the pictures out. They will get out.

striblue 04-20-2002 09:28 PM

Alright Guys... this is what I like to see... this is a flyfishing board and we need to fill up the archives with every fly we can think of and some we haven't.... I am thinking of next years progect.... Copy all of Carrie Stevens flys? All the wet flys??? steelhead.??...how about really testing myself on Classic salmon flys... I hope some of you guys beat me to the punch!!!!

pmflyfisher 04-20-2002 10:31 PM

John,

Forget the Classic salmon fly project, I would not want to see any one try and take that project on. That would be sure unneeded mental torture and stress.

Actually, I would rather see every ones home grown flies that are not the standards and available in the fly pattern books or now web sites. Gives my new ideas for my patterns.

Sometimes I think I enjoy tying more than actually fishing. One thing for sure is that most of us probably due more hours of tying than actually fishing.

Hal

ashley 08-04-2002 05:26 AM

Hi Guys,I've got afew flies I can post but do I need to put a picture up.Just asking cos I don't know how.

SDHflyfisher 01-24-2003 03:38 PM

Re: Saltwater fly archives are smoking us !

Quote:

Originally posted by pmflyfisher Have to get a digital camera soon, so I can help out here. [/B]
i have to geta computer w/ the internet right now i go to the library:(

pastortd 01-24-2003 04:13 PM

I'm never quite sure where it becomes a waste of bandwidth for me to post my own flies....

juro 01-24-2003 04:34 PM

Let me assure you... IT'S NO WASTE OF BW!!! We'll figure out how to up the server capacity. IN fact after the Seattle show that's exactly the plan!

pastortd 01-24-2003 10:40 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally posted by juro
Let me assure you... IT'S NO WASTE OF BW!!!
In that case, my favourite small-stream wets for Summer SH in small streams are attached. Just variations on the Grey Hackle Peacock and GH Yellow.