Fly Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/index.php)
-   Stripers and Coastal Gamefish (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   broken back (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=4357)

nathansmith 02-08-2002 10:53 AM

broken back

sorry I haven't posted in forever, was doing alot of bird hunting up until a month ago when I broke my back in two places T12, L1 , broke a rib, sprained my foot, and generally beat the hell out of myself in bad snowboarding accident. good news is i should be back on my feet by striper season (may/june). I am bummed I have and will miss all the off season stuff.

DFix 02-08-2002 11:13 AM

Wow, you've been to Hell and back - welcome back, just the same. Glad to hear you're mending - too bad it's not mending a flyline:(

Hope everything's gonna work out okay, medically, physically, etc. Living vicariously isn't the worst thing in the world;)

Tod D 02-08-2002 11:29 AM

Holy cow Nathan! Good to hear from you & that you're ok!

Rest up. Still have about 11 weeks till Brewster Flats get interesting... Stay well.

John Desjardins 02-08-2002 12:08 PM

Sorry to hear about the injuries. I hope your feeling better soon.

Adrian 02-08-2002 02:18 PM

Nathan, take care, get well and look forward to seeing you out on the water this season!

Reminds me of a brief passion for Hang Gliding back in my early twenties which came to an abrupt end when I made contact with mother earth rather suddenly one day:eek:

Hawkeye 02-08-2002 05:04 PM

Man, you don't do things in a small way do you? Glad to hear you are on the mend. How's married life treating you?

doogue 02-08-2002 06:27 PM

Nathan,

I wish you the speediest of recoveries and a striper season full of flats cows and blitzing beaches.

Get well,

Mike

Osprey 02-08-2002 06:52 PM

Jeez Nathan, thats a drag man.
Hope everything goes well for you. I certaily can emathize I've been there. Take care and do all the PT they tell you to. It made all the difference in my recovery.
Best

Chris 02-08-2002 06:54 PM

:o Crap!
I did it again. Forgot to log out Ian. But he sends his best too.

striblue 02-08-2002 10:11 PM

Nathan... I hope you take care of yourself and heal completely.I expect to see you some dawn in Chatham...Hope all goes well.. take care ..John

Lefty 02-09-2002 08:36 AM

Wow a lot of trout are going to get off easy this spring, unless the Natemeister heals up real quick! Get well soon buddy!

Lefty

grego 02-10-2002 10:56 AM

Nate,

Hang in there man! You should be Re-Habbed by the time the stripers come in heavy. Catch up on some reading & relax, heal up!:tsk_tsk:

nathansmith 02-10-2002 05:37 PM

your right about the trout the best month is March before all the "river runs through it wusses" are out.

Robert A 02-11-2002 12:04 PM

Geez,
Broken back, that stinks, good luck with everything and hope you heal soon. At least you know you'll be back on your feet!!!:)
Rob

JimW 02-11-2002 04:16 PM

After watching what they were doing in that half pipe out in Salt Lake last night I can see how you could wreck yourself pretty quick. Having ruptured a couple of discs in the same area I will give you this advice. When you start to feel better, take it easy. I learned the hard way it's best to let things heal completely before resuming normal activities. Better to miss a couple of months of the season than a year.
Here's to a full recovery.