Fly Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/index.php)
-   Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Favorite type of fish. (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=3686)

mayflyman 11-24-2001 05:37 PM

Favorite type of fish.

What is your favorite type of fish to fish for?

SALT WATER
FRESH WATER
OSMOREGULATORS (both fresh and salt water, like salmon, ect..)

striblue 11-25-2001 12:11 PM

Ah.... sorry.... but what is an osmoregulator?. Land Sharks? Talking stripers? Fish police?

juro 11-25-2001 12:32 PM

Mayflyman!

Hey you gotta give us choices we can select with conviction here... ;)

I love SW species, I love FW species, er.... um... yeah that too!

I do know one thing though... fish with down-turned pre-hensile mouths really turn me off!

:p

Everytime I hook one in a river I think it's a steelhead for a minute and when I realize it's a sucker... dOh!

mayflyman 11-25-2001 03:20 PM

choice #3

Osmoregulators are fish (salmon; perch, ect) that can live in both fresh and salt water equally.
*"Sorry about the big word, maybe I'm trying to compensate for something." :rolleyes:

Dble Haul 11-25-2001 05:28 PM

Geez, you mean I have to choose? That's tough, but I'll have to vote for saltwater just ahead because of my roots on the coast of Maine. But freshwater is VERY close behind. :cool:

striblue 11-25-2001 09:52 PM

Thanks, I know about that fishery, but just have not seen or heard them called that.. I learned something.

FishHawk 11-26-2001 04:35 AM

Missouri Rainbows, BigHorn Browns , Monomoy Stripers and Wild Brook Trout. Each one has its charm and I guess I like them all.
FishHawk

Steelheader69 11-26-2001 11:13 AM

I thiink I'll probably get some flack for this. But without a doubt Ii'd haave to say my favorite fish wouuld be a chum (dog) salmon. Don't get me wrong, i love all the other salmonoid species. But they have the best oof al of them. They have the sheer brute strenght of a king, the acrobatics of a silver, and th running power of a steelhead. All wrapped up in a wicked looking package. I've caught many fish iin my llife, but I never ever grimace or commplain about hitting a dog. Probably because Iilove to fish and have th fight. I love to eat fish, bu I'm not focused on keeping al thta I get (I landed a couuple oon friday that sme guys were keeping that were way too mushy to even smoke that I released that most of h other guys were keping).

Hawkeye 11-26-2001 11:44 AM

No flak from me about chasing dogs. Though a nice stream with trout is my favorite I'll put a heart felt dito beside your Chum comments! Not bad smoked either.

saltRon 11-26-2001 09:23 PM

Favorites

Hey guys --- After 100 or so viewers the no of votes cast seems pretty puny or are they all closet fisherman????
saltron

tomd 11-27-2001 12:15 PM

well, I'd have to vote for bonito as a fav. you use light line so it is enjoyable to cast to em, and they run like a bat-outta-hell when hooked. (of course I haven't caught any albies yet. :) Tom D

Eric 11-27-2001 12:55 PM

Sappy Saying

Thought I'd throw this in so the rest of you can throw up:

My favorite fish is the one that's coming for the fly, wherever that may be.

Cheers,

Eric

juro 11-27-2001 02:31 PM

Reminder: Striper = osmo, steelhead = osmo, salmon = osmo