Fly Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/index.php)
-   Stripers and Coastal Gamefish (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Rip Trip - October 3 (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=27762)

striblue 09-27-2009 07:48 AM

Rip Trip - October 3
 
This is our last attempt and we should look at Saturday, October 3.....We can keep the 4th as a fall back but I think this is it. Just sign on so we can see if we atleast have the numbers....screw the weather right now....this is just a numbers thread.... who is interested.... we can take atleast 12....10 will do. edit - sorry the 4th is not available after seeing Keiths post

flydoc 09-27-2009 10:45 AM

John- sign me up for the 3rd.:)
Jim

highway61 09-27-2009 02:01 PM

John......Count me in.....

Steve

zimmjas 09-27-2009 03:32 PM

Count me in for 10/3.

alosa52 09-27-2009 04:53 PM

ripin
 
Hi John
Thanks for all your efforts. Count me in for 2.
Larry

Penguin 09-27-2009 09:47 PM

Last HooRah!
 
John...
Thanks for volunteering to be das meister und "herder of catz"!!!
May the weather godz shine on your kind efforts!

Kindly put me on the LIST...party of ONE...

If the winds rain on the parade, we can drive to the rip...I can take 12...9 inside and 3 on the roof...
http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/a...lResources.jpg

striblue 09-28-2009 08:23 AM

OK, we have 7 so far and I think Simms will be in when he sees this. That would be 8. Juro?

vtloon 09-28-2009 08:36 AM

I'd like to go, but won't be able to commit until wed/thur.

Splake 09-28-2009 09:31 PM

Rip Trip
 
John, please sign me up. I could certainly use a day out there.

striblue 09-29-2009 11:04 AM

I think we will get the numbers...but NOAA tells me that, for now, Saturday looks like chance of rain...and, winds predicted to be SE, 20 to 25 kt....seas 2 to 4.....this is the Nantucket Sound forcast.:(

flydoc 09-29-2009 12:04 PM

As usual, it will be up to Keith to make the call based on his sources and his uncanny weather intuition. I've got my Orvis rain jacket if it turns out wet but not too windy.

jimS 09-29-2009 04:21 PM

Wind Finder, an internet site I find useful, predicts up to 24 knots out of the south/southeast on Saturday. This is for Chatham.

highway61 09-30-2009 02:07 PM

John,

If the weather prevents a rip trip this weekend is it possible for Keith to drop us off on the northwest side of South Monomoy? If the wind is out of the southeast, as it is forecasted, we would have the wind at our back.

Steve

vtloon 09-30-2009 02:33 PM

Going for Tuna on Fri, so I'll be there on Sat, although the winds don't look encouraging.

striblue 10-02-2009 06:14 AM

As of this morning my plan is not to drive down to Chatham tonight since the weather looks bad. So, I will leave it to Jim if he feels he can get more updates later...I am sorry I will not plan on being there unless I hear that we are going from Jim later...if he is able to intercede here. Keith will not go out in a heavy rain and possible T-storms anyway. Here is the NOAA report I pulled this morning for coastal CC.

"SE WINDS 10 TO 15 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 20 KT...INCREASING
TO 20 TO 25 KT WITH GUSTS UP TO 30 KT IN THE AFTERNOON. SEAS 3 TO
5 FT. SHOWERS. TSTMS IN THE AFTERNOON. SOME TSTMS MAY PRODUCE
HEAVY RAINFALL IN THE AFTERNOON WITH VSBY 1 TO 3 NM. "

See you guys next spring where I hope to start looking at this trip in May 2010... also hopefully the South Monomoy Light house will be available for overnights.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:01 AM.


Copyright Flyfishingforum.com (All Rights Reserved)