OK so I went overboard and raked up 8 quarts of quahogs. I culled to make sure I had littlenecks, cherrystones and chowdahz in the mix. I know what to do with the littlenecks :) but anyone have a killer stuffed clam recipe they want to share?
thanks in advance
Here's how I did it... A M A Z I N G !!!!
15 med quahogs or less huge ones
1 tb oil, 2 tb butter
1/2 cup choriso sausage ground up
couple of pickled red chilis optional heat
1/2 cup minced orange or red pepper
parsley and cilantro
2-3 cloves garlic
one celery stalk minced
salt and pepper
1 1/2 cups panko
low salt ritz crackers ground to taste
1) heat oils, add sausage and ground chilis into sausage for heat opt simmer 5
2) add minced veg and spice simmer for 5 min
3) add minced clams and 1/2 juice simmer
4) add crumbs if dry use other half juice, add cilantro / parsley
5) stuff shells, sprinkle with old bay
bake in 375 oven 10-15 until browned
serve with lemon and your favorite libations! awesome
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:40 AM.|
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2016 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright Flyfishingforum.com (All Rights Reserved)