Question: How to replace a guide ?
I would like to replace a broken guide on a rod...
Will buy the guides soon but wanted some help on how to do the work...
This is an old rod and I don't care if it looks professionally done...just want it functional....
1) What type thread do I use (I assume I use thread to wrap the guide down)
2) What do I use to smooth over the wraps and make the wraps stay in place.
Any help will be most appreciated..
1. Pour boiling water over the old wraps to soften them and they will come off very easily.
2. Wrap the new guide with Gudebrod nylon.
3. Seal with epoxy but use slow drying epoxy (5-6 hours). You need to use a drying motor to rotate the rod while the epoxy is setting.
Thank you for your help
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:59 PM.|
Copyright Flyfishingforum.com (All Rights Reserved)