Fly Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Forum (
-   Worldwide Flyfishing Discussion (
-   -   What it is about flyfishing... (

juro 10-23-2005 12:36 AM

What it is about flyfishing...
1 Attachment(s)
that captures our souls? Maybe tangible things like a fly pattern born in the Canadian Maritimes, brought to life by skilled hands in the midwest, received as a gift to swim in the waters of the pacific northwest to try to fool a steelhead?

Or could it be the company of friends old and new in the tall shadows of trees in a river valley, a mirror smooth lake dimpled with rises, or the fresh salty smell of a new day on the coast?

All I can say for sure is that I'm glad the angler lives within us. Thanks guys, for making the community as strong as it is!

Eddie 10-23-2005 10:19 PM

That fly is amazing. Tell us more about it. What's it called? Who first tied it? I am in love!!!
got it: picasse

QuebecSporting 10-24-2005 01:06 PM

Hmmm? Intersting question,My Dear Watson!!

It's also the "Detente"

The "Challenge"

The Scenery

The "surprise"

And I know I'm forgetting much more!!

Limpe 10-25-2005 03:38 AM

The unhurried sense of time....the escape....and the fact that this escape leads you to the most beautiful places.....

:tongue: Limpe

Eric 10-25-2005 11:42 AM

Wonderful series of photos. I assume these are all from the Gaspe. Are they all of the same river? I've fished the Bonaventure and blown away by the beauty of the stream.

QuebecSporting 10-25-2005 12:55 PM

Hello Eric,

Photos 2,3,4 are York river
Photo 5: St-Jean River
Photo 6: Dartmouth River

( I would say, The St-Jean is closest (color) as the Boni...

Tight Lines for your 2006 fisihng!

Ann :)

teflon_jones 10-26-2005 03:19 PM

It's the quiet peacefulness of a small river or stream, uninterupted except for the sounds of wild animals and insects.

It's the excitement of rounding a bend in a new river to find a perfect pool with fish rising on a hatch, matching a fly, and hooking a wild brookie.

It's the heart pounding danger of wading a river that is just a little too fast and a little too deep to get to the other side, but braving it anyway and getting across.

It's the silent companionship you experience with other fly fishermen, where a nod and a smile goes a long way, and all that it takes to make a friend is asking "Any luck?"

Charlie 10-26-2005 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Watever it is I'm glad it happend to me!

My brother was not so lucky.

He didn't get in to fly fishing and look how he ended up. :eek:

Sirbc 11-17-2005 11:31 AM

The periods of calm isolation punctuated by split second chaos.