Fly Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/index.php)
-   Stripers and Coastal Gamefish (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Sign-Up Sheet for the Monster Fly Swap (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=19287)

doogue 01-16-2005 09:24 PM

Sign-Up Sheet for the Monster Fly Swap

Please respond to this thread if you would like to participate in this swap.

Here are the rules:
1. Seven flies per person is all it takes to be a part of this swap. One goes to the meister or to the raffle at the Wilmington show - depending on how much I like the flies!

2. There is no deadline to sign-up for this swap.

3. The deadline for mailing the flies to me is February 28th, 2005. Please enclose $3 with your flies to cover return shipping costs.

4. Please send your address with the flies so that I can mail an awesome assortment of giant flies back to you.

5. If possible, please send recipes and tying instructions with your flies. If you do then I promise to put together a web page (posted here or elsewhere) that contains all of the patterns - with tying instructions.

Remember that this is a swap for flies that mimic monster herring or other baitfish patterns. For example, I will most likely tie a Sedotti Slammer that is roughly 8 inches long.

I am getting psyched to start tying again!

-Mike

doogue 01-16-2005 09:25 PM

The list so far...

So far the following members have signed up for the swap:

doogue
grizz0707
GregD
juro
JimW

JimW 01-17-2005 07:50 AM

Feb 28th, I can handle that. I'll either go with buffies or the slammer. I know how to tie buffies but recently have become very interested in Sedotti's pattern with the keel. I plan on catching his demo at the show. I'll post the pattern here.

Mike, Thanks for organizing this.

striblue 01-17-2005 10:17 AM

Mike, I would add for the rules that each participant enclose a couple dollars for mailing costs ... If you need to buy small boxes and stamps, each mail back can cost $3 or$4 ....AND don't forget the extra fly for the Meister... the meister obviously keeps the fly or they become part of the collection that we raffle off at the Wilmington show.. so it is really 7 flies...but 6 for the actual swap....just two points I thought I would add to help...

doogue 01-17-2005 04:55 PM

Thanks for the advice John.

JimW - I added you to the list. And I love the slammer. I don't fish as much as many of you on the board but I have caught my best fish of the year for the past 2 years on slammers. Then again I fish with them during most of my outings in May and early June.

I know the Sean McDermott likes them too. He has enjoyed good luck with them in RI.

Maybe I will tie some slammers in black for the swap. I tied up some awesome night slammers last year. They really move some water and they have a nice black profile.

-Mike

Tod D 01-18-2005 03:04 PM

I'm in. Surface/Popper fly swap to be posted shortly.

doogue 01-19-2005 06:31 AM

Updated List

doogue
grizz0707
GregD
juro
JimW
Tod D

BirdFish 01-19-2005 12:12 PM

I'd like to take part in this Big Fly swap. I'll tie up a big Herring fly.
Dave Williams

doogue 02-02-2005 10:01 PM

Bump and Updated List

Just a bump and a call for others to add their name to the list below. With this crew we know that there will be some stellar flies in the swap!

Just a reminder, the deadline for mailing the flies to me is February 28th, 2005. Still plenty of time to sign-up!

Here is the present tying line-up:
doogue
grizz0707
GregD
juro
JimW
Tod D
BirdFish

JimW 02-05-2005 07:57 AM

Mike, Are we talking 7 or 8 flies. I managed to get out to the Baymen's TNFT(Thursday night fly tying) and knock out 6 and plan on tying 4 more of the same pattern.

doogue 02-05-2005 01:10 PM

7 flies

Jim,

Seven flies will do it. I want to stay with the original rules so that nobody sues me for the carpal tunnel they develop tying that one extra fly!

Thanks,

Mike

grizz0707 02-14-2005 08:29 AM

there done

1 Attachment(s)
flies will be shipped today here is a peek

JimW 02-15-2005 08:11 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Not a great image but you get the idea. That's a 7/0 hook. Mike, could you PM me your mailing address?

GregD 02-28-2005 09:21 AM

Running behind schedule...

Hey guys,

I'm running behind after a weekend plumbing problem, and under estimating the time commitment for the new squid pattern I'm tying. I'm hoping to have them finished up by tuesday or wednesday night. I hope it's not too much of a delay.

Greg.

Tod D 02-28-2005 11:56 AM

Greg - I'm right with you & running late. Mike - I'll aim to have them in the mail by Wednesday if that's ok!