Syracuse NY. July 28
Heading to syracuse for three days and looking for a heads-up as to rivers(Salmon) or shops in the area to stop at. Time will be 28th of July. What can i expect as to runs, etc. Flies, tackle?
Thanks lads, much appreciated.
I've never fished it, but if I were in your position I woul look into bass fishing on Oneida Lake.
It's the only game in town, unless you want to go after stream trout... and midsummer is not the best time for that, either.
1. Make sure you READ AND UNDERSTAND THE REGS!
2. Use large stonefly nymphs as bait - as large as size 6. You CAN use "waking flies" (like Bombers and Moose Turds) too.
3. Fish the upper river near the dam - BUT WATCH OUT FOR THE CLOSED SECTION!
4. Don't expect much, but there are usually some Skamies and Atlantics in there, along with some smaller stream trout.
5. Play any fish FAST AND HARD - they are plenty enough stressed just from the warm water. Even reviving 'em well, they still suffer high mortality a day or two later. That's why a lot of guys don't fish for 'em.
I sent you a PM on this.
|All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:37 AM.|
Copyright Flyfishingforum.com (All Rights Reserved)