Fly Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Forum (
-   >> Archive: Salmon & Steelhead Flies (
-   -   Pattern Search (

Igor 02-06-2004 08:00 AM

Pattern Search
Hey Ya'll

Does anybody have the orginal (authentic) recipe for a Steelhead fly called the 'Burlesque'? I'd also enjoy knowing more about the fly's history and the person who designed it.

Domo Arigato


flytyer 02-07-2004 11:45 PM


Never heard of a fly named the BURLESQUE. Might you be thinking of the BURLAP, which is tied with a strip of burlap feed sack as the body with grizzly or brown tail and hackle?

BobK 02-08-2004 06:21 AM

Yeah, and...
There is also a "Show Girl" that I also ran across.


Igor 02-08-2004 08:22 AM

Thanks fer tryin'...


I'm familiar with the (Trinity river) 'Burlap' as I tie a fancier version of it called the 'Hessian Flea'.

I came across a photo of the 'Burlesque' in a "Fly Shop" (Redding CA) catalog as well as a photo of the same fly on Fly Depot's website...I just can't find the Rx or anything about the fly's history or origins.

Bob K,

It ain't a 'Showgirl', that's for sure...although I can understand how the names might get confused. Not that I have any personal experience with real burlesque showgirls. (grin)


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:17 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright (All Rights Reserved)