Fly Fishing Forum

Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/index.php)
-   Propwash (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Name my boat contest (http://www.flyfishingforum.com/flytalk4/showthread.php?t=10341)

bcasey 03-21-2003 01:22 PM

Name my boat contest

I have owned my boat for 4 years. I gave it the name "Reel Fishy" last year because I thought it might be bad luck to go unnamed. But I don't like it!
Help me name my boat and the winner gets a all expenses paid trip to the flats of your choice, providing it's on the Cape, you get your own hotel, and come with your own gear. Oh, and you can't be talkin all day while were tryin to fish! OK so I'm no charmer to fish with, but we usually have a blast and catch alot of fish. I win both ways, get a new name for the boat AND fish with a friend, new or old friend, it dosen't matter. Help me out, PLEASE

BigDave 03-21-2003 01:37 PM

a coupla' suggestions

Try these on for size:

'Tiderunner'
'Strip Set'
'Reel Deal'
'Guppy Conqueror'

almost forgot my favorite:

Knotty Bouy

just sittin around the office with a little too much time on my hands this friday afternoon :D

DFix 03-21-2003 01:37 PM

This'll never fly anyway, so

Casey's Flat

Moonlight 03-21-2003 01:54 PM

Hold on ...

Hey BC, I'm a "Mariner" and as such I am highly schooled in the various superstitions that revolve around boating. I feel that it is incumbent on my part to advise you that the renaming of a vessel is considered to be very bad luck. Not sure where this taboo originated but I must in all honesty pass it on.
:eyecrazy:

juro 03-21-2003 02:01 PM

"Case Closed"
"Casey's Jones"
"On the Case"

bcasey 03-21-2003 02:11 PM

Moonlight, I'm not concerned with bad luck as I am with a bad name.
Juro, "Casey's Jones" I like, top of the list so far, but keep them coming!:chuckle:
DFix, bottom, sorry!:devil:

Smcdermott 03-21-2003 02:34 PM

Not the most creative...

"Time Flies"
"Cast Away"
and the the lengthy entry...
CASEY on the FLAT

Hawkeye 03-21-2003 05:15 PM

Strip Strike

Striper Striker

bcasey 03-21-2003 05:25 PM

Sean, Cast Away works too! Even if you allready have a spot on the boat this season!
Gregg, have you come up with a name for the new sled yet?

JimW 03-21-2003 08:02 PM

What's the deal on renaming a boat, the CC I lucked into last fall was named 'Papa two' I'd hate to bring on bad luck and to tell the truth I probably won't even get around to peeling off the lettering this year. There's a big list of fix this add that, I haven't even changed the registration numbers yet.
When I do name the boat I'm thinking 'Byte-Me'

FredA 03-21-2003 08:06 PM

I don't know Case. If I were you I'd lose this thread and take Moonlights advise.

longrod 03-21-2003 08:06 PM

Renaming boat

I like "Pastor Fundi"
plus add a picture of carp/Cod for effect.:smokin:

cohocola 03-21-2003 09:01 PM

name the boat

How about: UNSINKABLE XII

seuss 03-21-2003 11:04 PM

a few options[list=1][*]Chasin' Tail
[*]See Cow
[*]Casey's Catcher
[*]Fish On!
[*]Double Triple
[*]Casey's Affair
[*]Mistress
[*]Second Wife
[*]The Blitz
[*]Strip Set
[*]Endless Summer
[*]Striper Bound
[*]Casey's Keepers
[*]Fishin' Frenzy
[*]Pogie Run
[*]Chum Lord
[*]Fin-Addict

and one for the handle...
[*]One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish

or perhaps more simply...
[*]One Fish Two Fish[/list=1]
but i'll keep thinking.

JimW 03-22-2003 06:43 PM

Moonlight,
I must have missed your post before I replied. What's the general rule for renaming a boat after a change of ownership. I'm not supersitious but my boat luck has not been great so far and I'm simply not going to push my luck.

OK, I guess maybe, possibly on this point I may be supersitious.

So if I just bought the boat that already had a name can I rename it without the wrath of the boat name gods coming down on me?