Fly Fishing Forum banner

Request per Penquin

14K views 30 replies 14 participants last post by  fliboy 
#1 ·
Pete...it is almost that time of year again when the pea-bunker arrive as do albies.
If you are interested and have the time, I for one would like to view some of your bunker and albie fly creations. I am sure that I am not alone.

Phanks,
Ron

#4 ·
Phanks Pete for sharing and taking the time!!!!!!!! Phrap, you are inphentive and innophative!!!! and your book status is???????????????
Creative ways to achieve the "roundness" of heads!!!
Your composition of flies reminds me of songs.........there are only so many notes, yet it amazes me that so many songs can be created with them ( hope that makes sense). Novel uses of materials!!!
Only one question remains (other than FishHawk's)...do you have more tying material in your "lab" than Bear's Den? :smokin:
Ron

#7 ·
As always, very nice Pete.

Me, I'm drawn to the mystical Bass River Slam (snapper blue, little flounder, sea robin and for a grand slam maybe a stinky northern sennet) and it's getting to be about time. Got anything for this truly excotic pursuit?

#12 ·
sickb4st4rd said:
Pete, how is anyone supposed to even try to keep up with you![/QUOTE
This is strictly a spectator sport, don't try it at home, extreme frustration leading to substance abuse can result! Or... You might enjoy it!
JC

#14 ·
Bug-Bond... tack free... encapsulated mylar...
the last time I used epoxy was to fix a neighbor's chair...
'been there... 'done that... 'got the T-shirt... ain't goin' back...;)

#15 ·
Pete,
It seems like every time you put up some new pics, a different vise pops into view, tools are an obsession and very fascinating to the obsessed(obviously). From a confessed tool nut.
JC

#19 ·
Great Flyes

As usual Pete, you have set nu standards for others to strive to equal. Must say that the phirst phley in your post of 7-29 strikes me as one that has a severe 'attitude' problem. Maybe it is the shadows or the angle of photo but all I can think of is "I dare you to eat me!" Gotta get me some more of the Bug Bond. Maybe I'll see you on the 6th at Beulah Days!
Pete Readel

#22 · (Edited)
I'm NOT worthy... I'm NOT worthy...

Juro... Of which Pro Staff do you speak? :confused:
The Paparazzi are already a problem but I can deal with stress of notoriety... :tsk_tsk:
Have "their people" call "my people"... we can "DOO lunch"...
'Meet me at Hyannis airport... :eek:
Phly off to the Islands in the G-4 to discuss the details... :smokin:
Life is GOOD!
'See you onthebeach at the Beulah Phandango! :D
Permission GRANTED!

#24 · (Edited)
phur n' phlash behavior management..

G'day Steve...
After I'm done tyin' and/or weldin' I will [more often then knot] run the phly under some hot water to encourage a proper "set"...
In a pinch, SPITTT works too... sort'a... :eek:
the Phly R&D Committee...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.