Fly Fishing Forum banner

Gaspe Fishing in June

6K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  knutalf 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I've a question about the Gaspe and its rivers .I need to know if there is camping around or cheap rooms.I cant afford much as Im just a poor fishing guide.Im going June 1st thru the 7th is there any advice on rivers to fish or sectors?
Any advice will help.
Pete

#27 ·
Gaula/orkla

Hei Paul,

Just joking about the lords, I think many of them contributed in many ways to the development of fishing for sport in Norwegian rivers and towards the knowledge of the outside world in small remote communities.

I haven't fished Orkla for years, but I know parts of the river quite well from activities at work. I certinly hope that we avoid the heat waves this year. Towards the end of July last year the Gaula discharge passed the minimum of the 60 years dataseries I have access to. It is hard to draw any conclusions based on the two last summers. Both 2000 and 2001 was wetter than normal and provided execellent conditions all season. How is Stordal in August? Are you fishing downstream of the waterfall? I have only fished it in May for the early yearly "combat" trip.

Regards
Knut

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.