Fly Fishing Forum banner

Narragansett/Newport - Beach Bars/Taverns by boat

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  GregD 
#1 ·
Hey.. Have you ever arrived to a new boating destination and see all these places around, But have little or no idea where to go get a good cold beer and a burger...
or maybe a glass of wine and some seafood buy driving up on the water in your boat.

In Florida where I lived I can think of lots of spots to drive up and go eat or get a drink that have open dock space, But I know of only a few right here in Rhode Island in the Narragansett Bay or Newport area. I'm sure there's more!

I'd like to hear of places with docks to drive right up too, But if there is a favorite spot you have to anchor up and get out to go too mention it, and where best to park or anchor the boat.

Thanks,
Greg

#2 ·
The Wharf Tavern in Warren on the Barrington River would fit that. It's pretty far up the head of Narragansett Bay. Good Striper and Blue territory. I'll check with my brother about spots in Tiverton, RI.

#3 ·
Hi Todd,

Thanks for the post on the Wharf Tavern, I'll have to check it out...
I'm sure there's quite abit more Narragansett Bay area has to offer..
Any other spots to go?

Hopefully this will develop more over time to become a good resource...

Thanks, Greg

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.