Fly Fishing Forum banner

Going to be moving some gear

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Philster 
#1 ·
I'm going to be getting rid of some gear:

Sage 9' 12 wt RPLXI 3 piece
Scott 8'9" heliply 9 wt 3 piece
Scott Heliply 8'9" 14wt :eyecrazy:
Redington DFR 9' 10 wt 3 piece. A real gun. Put on a 12 wt if all you are doing is 30 to 40 foot casts around the boat.

Reels:
Abel 4.5 N
Billy pate tarpon. Specially ordered by me with a solid spool instead of a ported spool. I just love that old Seamaster look!
Orvis Vortex 7/8 with spare spool. Very flexible reel. I used it as a nine or ten frequently with gelspun backing.

All bluewater proven. The 14 wt was a backup and was literally never used. The 9 and 10 saw use and are nice but not cherry. The twelve weight is very nice indeed!

Let me know if you are interested

#6 ·
Hey guys. That was a long time ago. Sold the Tuna gear (14wt) stuff, but decided to hold onto everything else as at that time Sage disco'ed the Rplxi stuff and I wouldn't have gotten value. Holding onto the rest as all ws bought when I worked in shops so I don't have alot invested in it, and sitting on it until my kids get bigger and I can resume my trips isn't a hardship. Can you believe my wife talked me into that?!

P.S. Anyone wanna go to mexico in september? :devil: No one ever wants to, but I have to keep asking :hihi:

PPS Saw a Pate Tarpon go for $150 on Ebay last week. Philistines!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.