Fly Fishing Forum banner

Linguini and Clam sauce

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Jimmy 
#1 ·
This section has been neglected far too long.

This is a favorite at the fire house and at home. It's simple and easy.

1/4 cup of a good olive oil

6 cloves of chopped garlic
(if you like more, use more. If you like less, use less. But DON'T skimp)

1 bottle of clam juice

A pinch of crushed pepper

1 pint of chopped clams

Fresh parsley; about 1/4 cup

Salt & Pepper to taste

1 pound of linguini

Get the H2O boiling for the pasta. In a large pan, begin to heat the oil. Don't over heat!!! You'll burn your garlic. When oil is hot, add the garlic. Saute' for several minutes. (Don't burn it!). Now add the clam juice, red pepper, and the parsley. Let this mixture simmer for a good 5-10 minutes. Now's a good time to cook the pasta and have a cold beverage of your choice.;)
Add the clams. They cook up pretty fast. Just a couple minutes in the hot pan will do. Don't over cook the clams. Unless of course you like the texture of rubber bands.
As the clams cook, drain the pasta.
I like to mix the pasta and sauce in the same pan. You can use a bowl if you wish, but that's one more thing to clean.
Serve with a good crusty bread and anything else you want.

There are no rules here! Play with the recipe.I add scallops, calamari, or shrimp at times for a change.

Enjoy
:)

See less See more
#3 ·
Jimmy boy!... glad to see you back... now how about sharing that incredible "in home "clam bake Elizabeth and I were treated to this summer?????????.... also please PM me your home address again... Eliz had something to send for Xmas... but better late than never...Thanks

#5 ·
Jimmy
Thank's for the recipe it WAS easy AND delicious
I used the BEST clams ,Stimpson Surf Clams (Gros Cap brand from the Magdellan Islands, Quebec )and added Scallops .
Here's a recipe for salmon that's equally easy AND delicious

Take whole Grilse size (3 to 5 lbs) Salmon ,fillet it and rub down with olive oil on both sides.Salt 'n pepper to taste and rub down the non skin side with bronw sugar. Put on the BBQ, skin side down 5 minutes and then turn over and cook till done.Recipe originated with the Montagnais on the Quebec North Shore and is to die for.
Enjoy
Brian

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.