Fly Fishing Forum banner

Steel River

4K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  peter-s-c 
#1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has been fishing the Steel River on the north shore of Lake Superior. Any summer Steelhead running?
Also anyone on the board living on the north shore and fishing north shore rivers, maybe we can keep each other updated. I have some concerns specificaly in relation to a local river, that maybe someone with knowelge of rivers in the T.bay area can help me with. thanks -yaffle

#3 ·
Sites for North Shore?

Peter, I don't know of any. I have been over at Fish ontario, on their ff forum. I seem to be the only guy responding to questions about the nortshore or the T.bay area. I have fished a handful or rivers from Marathon all the way to the Minn. border during the past twelve years. I have not fished the Nipigon, BIG Water, kind'a scares me,(don't let any of the spey guys hear that;) ).
If you do find a good site dealing with the north shore, please be sure to pass it on. How has the fishing been on the Grand? -Yaffle

#4 ·
Like last summer, I spent too much time doing other things so I haven't fished the Grand much. :( Our wet, cool summer has the river in great shape and for the first time, it's been possible to fish through the summer without worrying about heat stress. MNR has instituted C&R regs lower down as well so the smallie populations may recover from the pounding they've been taking. Steelheading seems to get better every year so I'm hoping for a good fall season.

Too late about the Nipigon (I'm a spey guy.) :hehe:

You'll have to give us some reports on those rivers you fish, once the season starts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.