Fly Fishing Forum banner

Schoolies & quahogs

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Craig 
#1 ·
Spent few hours early am in Duxbury Bay, inside. Dual goals of the morning: catch a few fish and dig some quahogs for the grill & guests tonight. Hit the bay at dead low. Schoolies 20-27" were in 1-3 feet of water, tails out of the water, rooting for crabs and other morsels. Managed to land about 20 over the course of the next hour with another 6 or so going the way of long line releases. Wonderful time. Actually had what proved to be the largest of the morning (whisker above 27) hit in less than 1 ft, right on a weed bed. In deference to the South Shore CCA 1 fly tourney today that I couldn't attend, kept with 1 fly - small, sparse olive/white bucktail sand eel w/ an epoxy head. Think the fish were just itchin' to hit something.

Sated my schoolie hunger, started digging for cherrystones. 6 qts later, called it a morning. All in all, I'll take that for a Saturday before 8 a.m.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.