Fly Fishing Forum banner

HELLO FROM MESQUITE TEXAS, USA!

3K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Well, where do I begin except by saying Hi! I looked at the hello from down under and seen that nice carp and that beautiful water, down here in Mesquite, which is about 20 miles east of Dallas, we have small ponds but any river or creek water is muddy, but... I digres. I fish out of a bass boat for Largemouth bass in tourneys and most my time is spent either prefishing for a tourney or fishing the tourney, for years I have lost the love of fishing, but recently felt the nudge, from where I have no clue, but the nudge to pickup a flyrod. Went and bought a pflueger outfit today and a few perch flies to work in the morning. This will be my very first trip out flyfishing in a local pond going after just bluegill for now, but with more practice, may sell the boat and start travelling working various creeks and streams. Looking forward to seeing more great pics from all over the world and how others are doing. One thing I noticed different from the fly fisherman post vs. some of the Bass fisherman I go up against, kindness swells here, Bass Fisherman are very rude and feel they own the whole lake, not all, but some and it only takes a few bad apples to ruin the whole bunch. Haven't been this excited since I was a kid. Feels like the first time I ever got to go.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.