Fly Fishing Forum banner

My kingdom for a cheap digital camera!

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  MarkDoogue 
#1 ·
I'd like to take some pics of the flies I tie at home, but have yet to sink the cash into getting a digital camera. Trouble is, I don't want to spend oodles of $$$ to get one that takes relatively decent pics up close. Anyone have any suggestions on what models they are using, and what's out there for a fair price ($200 or less) that's still "good"?
TIA

Chris

#2 ·
Lately I've been using a scanner for taking close up pictures of flys for posting. Its much simpler to get flys in foccus, especially on small patterns.

There have been several good threads on this in the past. Jay Horton, aka 2Handthesalt, put a good link to macro photography in one of them.

#4 ·
Thanks for the address to that page, Doug; I think I've decided on the Canon A200. For $200 I can get the camera with accessories, bag, and two memory cards (8MB and 64MB). I'll be placing an order shortly.

#5 ·
Sorry it took so long to catch on to this thread.

I bought 3 Cannon A200's for work applications. They're a nice camera and won't disappoint as long as you are not looking to print hi-res 8X10's.

For web work and fly pics they are perfect.

Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.