Fly Fishing Forum banner

Happy GL Thanksgiving!

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  pmflyfisher 
#1 ·
Happy Thanksgiving.....

I'll be on a local creek and a few surf fisheries in western upstate NY. I planned on fishing the Oak, but will no longer be able too....
My realtives live an hour away, but I firgure I will fish the Genny or Maxwell Creek.

In NY we have a god amount of snow. 5"-8" depending on where you live. I have decided to fish later in the day when the water might warm up and we get some hatches.

Well, hope I hook into some chromers!D :D

#2 ·
Good luck Dan , hopefully the steelhead run will be better in NY than in Michigan, as you know it is not up to the normal good fishing this time of the year. Don't forget about those nice lake run browns they have there. More than we have here.

I was our earlier this week but the run is still slow nobody was doing anything, but it was a nice quiet cold snow covered great lakes steelhead day on the rivers anyway. Went to surf their was a NW wind into my face of at least 30 knots, the wind chill had to be in teens. You could last about 5 minutes in it. But the surf was sure beautiful and peaceful.

"Great Lakes, Great Times"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.