Fly Fishing Forum - Reply to Topic
Member Profiles Introduce yourself!

Thread: newbie saying hello Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Home Waters
Your home waters
Current Favorite Fly
If you only had one... (change anytime)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Rate Thread
If you like, you can add a score for this thread.

Topic Review (Newest First)
09-19-2002 08:34 PM
pmflyfisher John

So you are saying prime time is about to start ? Also prime time is arriving here, just needs to cool down a little more and get some rain.

Figures just when my work world goes crazy. With my luck I will be on a plane to Schweiser land soon where they have only small trout and grayling and most of the fishing is private.

Do you know where schweiser land is ?


Agree there are no browns over there, got to try and keep John away from there.

09-19-2002 08:22 PM
silverbullet I'm over here in the ohio tribs of lake erie.we don't see too many browns or salmon around here but a few turn up from time to time.The state puts in excess of 400,000 steelies into the system every spring and that makes for some fun fishing.I'll have to say we may not gey huge fish,average under 10 lbs, but we get alot of them.I gots to go tie more flies.out
09-19-2002 07:00 AM
FlyFishAR Hal (aka PMflyfisher):

They are about to turn the water off here (an about time I must say). I've been busy tying "trout crack" in anticipation of the new season.

09-18-2002 10:03 PM
striblue Welcome Silverbullet...glad to have you on board.....
09-18-2002 09:10 PM
pmflyfisher FlyfishAr (John)

Yes there are bigger and more browns which run the rivers off of a Lake Erie and Lake Ontario then here in Lake Michigan waters. They have better stocking programs there on Browns from what I hear. October to November is the target period for the big lake runs.


Keep this gentlemen FF off your waters unless you want the trophy brown fishery depleted. :hehe:
09-18-2002 08:19 PM
From what I have heard it appears you have better lake run brown trout fishing there then we do here.

Did somebody say "brown trout"......:eyecrazy:

09-18-2002 04:57 PM
pmflyfisher Welcome, great another great lakes steelheader, I'm a lake michigan steelheader, never done lake erie, hard to pull me away from here.

From what I have heard it appears you have better lake run brown trout fishing there then we do here.
09-18-2002 11:50 AM
Welcome to the Board!

99% of the time we get it right .... the other 1% will have 999 posts. Just kidding.


09-18-2002 10:52 AM
Dble Haul Oooooh, so that's what "location" in the profile means!

Question answered!
09-18-2002 10:25 AM
Adrian Welcome Jeff!

Lake Erie tribs sounds like Steelhead & Salmon country
09-18-2002 08:16 AM
Dble Haul Hey Jeff, welcome. Where are you located and what do you fish for?
09-17-2002 08:13 PM
newbie saying hello

just a quick hello and praise for the site.The guys in charge are doing a great job.I have learned alot and hope to learn more to come.keep up the good work.Everyone sure seems nice and helpful here.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 PM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright (All Rights Reserved)