Fly Fishing Forum - Reply to Topic
>> Archive: Salmon & Steelhead Flies Spey flies to mixed wings, new innovations

Thread: Wing burner? Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Home Waters
Your home waters
Current Favorite Fly
If you only had one... (change anytime)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Rate Thread
If you like, you can add a score for this thread.

Topic Review (Newest First)
04-30-2002 12:11 PM
watersprite Now I got it! Hey thanks.
04-30-2002 11:45 AM
Wing burners

Watersprite, Basically a pair of tweeser shaped in the form of whatever wing you want, mayfly, caddis, ect. You can take a larger feather, hold it in the burner and singe of the excess with a lighter. For a descriptive picture look here:
04-29-2002 06:25 PM
Wing burner?


I'm a relative new comer to tying steelhead flies (any flies for that matter), hence this question-

What is meant by "using a wing burner"? Is there a tool for "burning" wings and things, and if so, what is its primary function and why?


Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:36 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright (All Rights Reserved)