Fly Fishing Forum - Reply to Topic
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread: Rip Trip ...8/ 15,16 or 17???? - sign on here Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Home Waters
Your home waters
Current Favorite Fly
If you only had one... (change anytime)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Rate Thread
If you like, you can add a score for this thread.

Topic Review (Newest First)
08-16-2009 10:49 AM
juro John,

The current plan with Jim Shaunessy (Pres of Beulah) for the doublehander pre-event outing is to fish North Beach (island). Many people are driving down just for the 5pm event at the lighthouse and we need to make sure that we can get there and be back at the lighthouse quickly to set up for the event on-time. The cost per person for that run is $20 r/t.

The day before/after might be good candidate dates.
08-16-2009 06:29 AM
Rip Ryder

Sounds good John, let me know what you come up with.

08-15-2009 12:23 PM
striblue Looks like we will need to wait for a date in September.I know we have a doublehander event on the 29th so it is probably best to do it in September...with Simms and company and some of the Brits around we will probably work the numbers better. I will post a sign up with several Sept. Dates.
08-13-2009 08:13 PM
striblue Looks like Saturday is out and Sunday does not look good. I will wait to see if Monday can be filled . If not I will move it back two weeks, with another sign on thread. I will post it Monday. I have been able to get on now though my mobil.
08-13-2009 01:31 PM
woodtac If you get to the point where the only thing holding up a trip on Monday is a need for two more people, let me know, and I will try to reorder priorities and get down there with one of my sons. I 'd love to do this, but am trying to keep the peace on the home front too. I cannot get down there before Monday.
08-13-2009 12:28 PM

I can do Sunday.

08-13-2009 05:29 AM
juro I will be hosting a room full of customers in Andover Monday morning, trying not to let the call of the mid-afternoon ebb distract me from my day-job duties
08-12-2009 09:32 PM
striblue Well, we got 4 for Monday.....I will be off now so I will try to get to the internet each day and will check for sure Friday night. Lets keep the weekend dates open to see if others are checking the board during the next day or two.
08-12-2009 09:23 PM
'what Capt Keith said!

A weekend date with destiny precludes a Saturday and/or Sunday adventure but...
MONDAY smells ripe with possibilities!
...for the off chance to stand in the Mayor's shadow on a spit of sand called South Monomoy, I'd crawl across an August hot parking lot covered with rusty tacks and broken glass!
Standing by to stand by...
the last RipTrip...!
08-12-2009 06:24 PM
Rip Ryder
Monday the 17th

Would be my suggestion, just to avoid the crowds down there. I was down there the last couple of weekends and the place is an absolute Zoo. If you can swing the Monday morning, I think it would be a much more enjoyable trip. Just my 2 cents.

Capt Keith
08-12-2009 05:55 PM
highway61 I can do the 16th or the 17th....

08-12-2009 01:34 PM
striblue checking again......thanks buddy.... short notice but lets see how we do with the three day window...If it is helpful...Keith can not do it next weekend and he said he will watch this thread. I can come up with one other two so far for any of the three days....and letd see if we can get Fishhawk and penguin to chime in. Otherwise we might have to look to September with Simms in town and some others
08-12-2009 11:26 AM
juro Few points -

> $600 / 13 = $46 and change

> tides could not be better

> things are getting pretty doggy elsewhere so it sounds good

> I can organize but not certain I can attend w/ such short notice
08-12-2009 11:15 AM
Rip Trip ...8/ 15,16 or 17???? - sign on here

Guys, I just got on to the forum by borrowing a neighbors computer. I can not seem to get on the forum though my mobil internet. I spoke with Keith this morning and although this is short notice he can go this sat,sun or mon. I have no idea what the tides are nor do I care. He has advised that it is very hectic down there in the rips on the weekend with many boats. He is warning us that they may head in close. That being said, I am prepared to go down any of those three days...$600 for the trip, max 12 or 13 guys. so $ 40 to $60 per guy. I WILL NOT be in contact starting tomorrow so I called Juro to ask if he can orgainize. If he can not he should say so here and one of you guys or all of you should juggle the logistics. You CAN contact me by email which I can get though my mobil. Use the forum email function which I will get. I can not answer 50 get the 10 or 12 here then e-mail me late friday. I will make every attempt to check this forum Friday night. If guys can swing it I would think Monday would be looks good for all three lets do it! If you email me I will email each you my cell and we can work by cell for those who can go.I will check this thread this evening. Over and out

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:14 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright (All Rights Reserved)