Fly Fishing Forum - Reply to Topic
Stripers and Coastal Gamefish Stripers, Blues, Inshore tuna!

Thread: Rip Trip Sign up for OCTOBER 7 AND/OR OCTOBER 8 Reply to Thread
Post Icons
You may choose an icon for your message from the following list:

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Fly Fishing Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
Home Waters
Your home waters
Current Favorite Fly
If you only had one... (change anytime)


Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Additional Options
Miscellaneous Options
Rate Thread
If you like, you can add a score for this thread.

Topic Review (Newest First)
10-08-2007 05:30 PM
Originally Posted by striblue
Adrian...I will be at my place on the w/e of October 27 and 28th... and probably walk down to Ridgevale beach...the south side and cast a few.
Unfortunately, I'll be having a Bombay Gin & Tonic in Bombay that w/e .....
10-08-2007 02:47 PM
striblue Adrian...I will be at my place on the w/e of October 27 and 28th... and probably walk down to Ridgevale beach...the south side and cast a few.
10-08-2007 10:37 AM
juro Don't forget the southside beaches at high tide - usually out of control that time of year and large fish in tight morning / evening.
10-08-2007 10:24 AM
Adrian John

Any chance you will be around the w/e of the 20th?

I still didn't rake any clams yet!!!

Plus, I hear the outer beaches can be a bit special at that time of year
10-08-2007 07:26 AM
striblue Keith, Thanks for everything this year and to your mother and Ed also. I will be in touch soon. I need to go down to Chatham by Month end and will call or stop by the Refuge to see if you are doing any of the Duck trips...or if that is still in the plans. So I will just say , see you later...John
10-07-2007 07:28 PM
Rip Ryder
No Trip on Monday

Painful Painful day for all. I not only had to cancel on you all, but lost two full loads for my seal cruises. Today would have taken a little chill out of the on coming off season.

The admiral and I talked today and decided to call it quits for the shuttles for this year.

Thank you all again for the fun and friendship. Looking forward to May 1, 2008 already. Nothing better than 8am every morning in the spring.

Polareyes, I'm still waiting on that comeback

Capt Keith
10-07-2007 06:01 PM
Paxton It's what was not on if now off. Just looked at various (4) weather sites...2 mentioned possible afternoon thunder storms....not a good sense going out and coming back at noon.
Hopefully next year we will have more opportunities to do this trip. Can't say that we didn't try.
10-07-2007 03:33 PM
Paxton OK...if I have read this correctly....
those who are interested in potentially going (pending #'s and cost) are:
Garry (Polarezes)
Ron (me...Paxton)
Poponessett Bay (a maybe)
N1gdo) (a maybe)

personally....garry and I would be willing to do 50 apiece, thus we need a total of 6.
I will call Keith at 7 at the latest (if we have at least 6) if after checking this site we have:
1. at least 6 going and
2 all willing to up 50 bucks

Please confirm status if listed above...others not listed are welcome. Obviously, going is not up to me...if others want to pay over 50 bucks to go...please do so and call Keith directly.
10-07-2007 12:30 PM
Monday trip

Sorry guys, but I am a no go for monday. I had forgot about a prior committment. Its too bad because it looks like the weather is going to be great. I'll have to wait till 2008.

All the best,

Steve M.
10-07-2007 09:38 AM
Sean Juan Don't want to try for another one the last weekend of October with the full moon?
10-07-2007 07:39 AM
Warren Sorry Boys, I cannot do Monday either. I made a phone call & the appointment I have for Monday morning cannot be rearranged to the satisfaction of interested parties. Bummer.

Looks like I will see you all next spring. Going outside now to put away the lawn furniture
10-07-2007 07:33 AM
striblue Ron...those who can go and want to should re-sign on this thread so you get a latest number and you need to call Keith too. From what I can tell,I think PoponessetBay since he called me last night and thought he could do it, n1gdo told me he can too and will be on the web tonight,Warren can as can Highway61. There are a number of guys who have not chimmed in with Garry you have 6 already. Thats only $20 bucks more...$30 to $50.
10-07-2007 07:26 AM
Paxton John....I'd be in if at least 7/8 guys....can't speak for Garry. I'm going to be out of town today to do with the wife what were were going to do tomorrow (if that makes any sense)..will check the site around then I'll contact Garry (he is computerless at the moment) and see how many are up for going on Monday.
10-07-2007 07:15 AM
striblue I was down so I drove to the refuge around 6:45AM and the only guy there was Frank(n1gdo)...The wind was starting to blow. Keith was not there yet but one guy was gigging up to do Morris Island which I think Frank was as well. If you guys can not get a quorum just speak with Keith and you will probably have to split the $300 between you...If I could go on Monday...I would do it... with say 5 guys it's still worth it. Good luck.
10-06-2007 09:04 PM

I can do Monday. Hopefully the weather will cooperate and we can get a quorum.

Steve M.
This thread has more than 15 replies. Click here to review the whole thread.

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:33 AM.

vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright (All Rights Reserved)