|08-16-2009 10:49 AM|
The current plan with Jim Shaunessy (Pres of Beulah) for the doublehander pre-event outing is to fish North Beach (island). Many people are driving down just for the 5pm event at the lighthouse and we need to make sure that we can get there and be back at the lighthouse quickly to set up for the event on-time. The cost per person for that run is $20 r/t.
The day before/after might be good candidate dates.
|08-16-2009 06:29 AM|
Sounds good John, let me know what you come up with.
|08-15-2009 12:23 PM|
|striblue||Looks like we will need to wait for a date in September.I know we have a doublehander event on the 29th so it is probably best to do it in September...with Simms and company and some of the Brits around we will probably work the numbers better. I will post a sign up with several Sept. Dates.|
|08-13-2009 08:13 PM|
|striblue||Looks like Saturday is out and Sunday does not look good. I will wait to see if Monday can be filled . If not I will move it back two weeks, with another sign on thread. I will post it Monday. I have been able to get on now though my mobil.|
|08-13-2009 01:31 PM|
|woodtac||If you get to the point where the only thing holding up a trip on Monday is a need for two more people, let me know, and I will try to reorder priorities and get down there with one of my sons. I 'd love to do this, but am trying to keep the peace on the home front too. I cannot get down there before Monday.|
|08-13-2009 12:28 PM|
I can do Sunday.
|08-13-2009 05:29 AM|
|juro||I will be hosting a room full of customers in Andover Monday morning, trying not to let the call of the mid-afternoon ebb distract me from my day-job duties|
|08-12-2009 09:32 PM|
|striblue||Well, we got 4 for Monday.....I will be off now so I will try to get to the internet each day and will check for sure Friday night. Lets keep the weekend dates open to see if others are checking the board during the next day or two.|
|08-12-2009 09:23 PM|
'what Capt Keith said!
A weekend date with destiny precludes a Saturday and/or Sunday adventure but...
MONDAY smells ripe with possibilities!
...for the off chance to stand in the Mayor's shadow on a spit of sand called South Monomoy, I'd crawl across an August hot parking lot covered with rusty tacks and broken glass!
Standing by to stand by...
the last RipTrip...!
|08-12-2009 06:24 PM|
Monday the 17th
Would be my suggestion, just to avoid the crowds down there. I was down there the last couple of weekends and the place is an absolute Zoo. If you can swing the Monday morning, I think it would be a much more enjoyable trip. Just my 2 cents.
|08-12-2009 05:55 PM|
I can do the 16th or the 17th....
|08-12-2009 01:34 PM|
|striblue||checking again......thanks buddy.... short notice but lets see how we do with the three day window...If it is helpful...Keith can not do it next weekend and he said he will watch this thread. I can come up with one other guy.....so two so far for any of the three days....and letd see if we can get Fishhawk and penguin to chime in. Otherwise we might have to look to September with Simms in town and some others|
|08-12-2009 11:26 AM|
Few points -
> $600 / 13 = $46 and change
> tides could not be better
> things are getting pretty doggy elsewhere so it sounds good
> I can organize but not certain I can attend w/ such short notice
|08-12-2009 11:15 AM|
Rip Trip ...8/ 15,16 or 17???? - sign on here
Guys, I just got on to the forum by borrowing a neighbors computer. I can not seem to get on the forum though my mobil internet. I spoke with Keith this morning and although this is short notice he can go this sat,sun or mon. I have no idea what the tides are nor do I care. He has advised that it is very hectic down there in the rips on the weekend with many boats. He is warning us that they may head in close. That being said, I am prepared to go down any of those three days...$600 for the trip, max 12 or 13 guys. so $ 40 to $60 per guy. I WILL NOT be in contact starting tomorrow so I called Juro to ask if he can orgainize. If he can not he should say so here and one of you guys or all of you should juggle the logistics. You CAN contact me by email which I can get though my mobil. Use the forum email function which I will get. I can not answer 50 e-mails....so get the 10 or 12 here then e-mail me late friday. I will make every attempt to check this forum Friday night. If guys can swing it I would think Monday would be great...weather looks good for all three days...so lets do it! If you email me I will email each you my cell and we can work by cell for those who can go.I will check this thread this evening. Over and out