breadfly [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: breadfly

Marc Loker
02-26-2003, 08:36 AM
hi

i have one question. and i hope my english is good enough for this. does anybody have a foto of a "breadfly"? and perhaps a discription to build it?

thanks!

marc

DFix
02-26-2003, 10:44 AM
Originally posted by Marc Loker
hi

i have one question. and i hope my english is good enough for this. does anybody have a foto of a "breadfly"? and perhaps a discription to build it?

thanks!

marc

found a hit on google.com for carp.net which says brown and white hair arranged to look like a piece of bread.

Marc Loker
02-26-2003, 11:23 AM
hi

thanks! that are some information, but iīthink itīs easier to understand to see a foto. but now i a have a first idea.
once more thanks!

marc

Brad
02-26-2003, 11:48 AM
We fish a fly called a breadcrust. It is a soft hackle type nymph.

Marc Loker
02-27-2003, 04:48 AM
hi

thanks for the foto! i must say that i don`t know if the fly that i mean in englisch breadfly is. in german it`s "brotfliege" and i have it one on one translated. this fly is used for carp fishing and is so successful that it is on some waters in germany not permitted. i have one photo, but i don`t know of this is a good one. if you want to see it look at "Streams and Stillwaters" and than in the "Archive of Favorite Trout Flies". there is another thread of me. it`s called "bredafly", too.

what is the breadcrust used for? is it a succssefull fly?

if anybody else knows information over the breadfly or have a foto of it send a reply. thanks.

greetings marc

nbrandon
02-27-2003, 09:11 AM
Marc,

The picture you posted on the other thread looks like you would tie it like a "Bomber" pattern. Spin deer hair around a heavy hook and then trim with a sharp knife.

Neil

DFix
02-28-2003, 10:20 AM
see following post.

Marc Loker
02-28-2003, 11:13 AM
hi

first i must say that the translation with a translation service isn`t such a good idea! i understand realy nothing!! it`s easier for me to read the english text than the translated german. the translation programs are not realy good.

second, thak`s for the answere.

i know now what a breadfly looks like. look at the photo...

greetings marc

DFix
02-28-2003, 11:31 AM
I appreciate the commentary. I guess a breadfly is just that - the look of a hunk of bread molded on to a hook.