Rip Trip this weekend? [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Rip Trip this weekend?

08-06-2001, 06:39 PM
Tides work for a trip to the rip this weekend. To be truthful the last time out we had a mung flow in the start of the rip and more seals than a Jacques Cousteau episode, but everyone caught fish and it was a stellar day weatherwise with great people to fish with.

Like any spot, it can be hot or cold and when it's hot it's amazing. Not sure how many more we can get in during 2001, so if you're interested this might be a good opportunity.

We haven't had a real scorcher out there this year and it's not because the spot is no good - I'd say we're due for a great day out on land's end.

08-06-2001, 07:04 PM
Juro.... I am in and can Chaparone if you are not there... but more importantly I want to make sure Jimmy Kelly is included since he is on vacation that week and would only be able to make a Rip trip during that time.... so with you.. that makes three.

08-07-2001, 04:37 AM
Count me in will be good to fish with the Iron man and Jimmy.

08-07-2001, 05:24 AM
I'm in!

08-07-2001, 06:55 AM
I'm not 100% sure at this point but looks good, so we're halfway there already.

To the many who have prepaid and have not gone yet... might as well use the fare! I'll just end up refunding it otherwise.

08-07-2001, 07:41 AM
Juro... I agree... The only reason I am putting my name in is because Jimmy is on the Cape... but I will pass for those who have not gone yet... I can always orgainize another one while Jimmy is still here, but we should have no repeats unless we can not fill the group up with newbe's... as I have said we can always schedule as many trips as we have people and if the conditions are right... so ultimatly everyone could go as many times as they want but we should administrate this on the concept of getting as many down who have signed and paid.. just my 2 cents.

08-07-2001, 09:10 AM
John, I was only hinting to those who paid, you are IN. We need people who help out, thanks.

Now to track the weather...

08-07-2001, 12:23 PM

08-07-2001, 12:49 PM
Which day this weekend were you thinking Juro?

I don't know for sure if I can go at all, but it's more likely that I could make saturday- sunday is a definite no go.


08-07-2001, 07:53 PM
I wish ! But, no go for me, wife's on call this WE. I'm bummin, with the Bone Clave comming up, I hope there is still the opportunity to hit the rip at some point. Keep it up guys, I appreciate all the chances so far.
I'm gonna make the rip trip
I'm gonna make the rip trip
I'm gonna make the rip trip...

08-07-2001, 07:58 PM
Mattb (08-07-2001 01:49 p.m.):
Which day this weekend were you thinking Juro?

I don't know for sure if I can go at all, but it's more likely that I could make saturday- sunday is a definite no go.


Matt -

We are targeting SAT with Sunday as a backup.

Brian -

We'll try to do as many as we can, hope you get on one with us soon. Family first.

08-08-2001, 05:25 PM
Any other takers? the Weekend will be here soon and there are a lot of people who have already paid...

08-08-2001, 07:35 PM
Juro,By this post I am signing up Dave Fix for this trip... I think he has paid and is registered... I e-mailed him to confirm or cancel by early Friday.

08-09-2001, 08:31 AM
Sorry guys, unable to make this weekend work, due to family commitments Sat. p.m.
Juro, covered you in email.
John, covered you in email and fone.
Kelley, I thot U didn't have computer @ cottage - call me - 800-392-6090

08-09-2001, 02:07 PM
No can do.



08-09-2001, 03:27 PM
Would love to, but I've got a date at a certain bar
this weekend....;)


08-09-2001, 03:34 PM
Tstorms predicted... also will call Bruce, Todd, etc - about the mung in the rip (twice in a row now)... looking a little bit like we should hold off this weekend?

08-09-2001, 04:22 PM
We are getting some strong thunder storms Friday evening which could really stir up the mung. What about having the trip on the Saturday before the Bone Clave? What an fishing weekend that would be. Rip Trip on Satrurday and Bone Clave Sunday and beyond.

08-09-2001, 04:27 PM
OK Bill... can you ask my wife if I can go? I'll be in the next county... }>

Seriously, the tides aren't right but who knows. There's more to the area than just the rip itself. I would suggest the following weekend instead.

08-09-2001, 04:48 PM
Understand about the wife. The week you suggested sounds good.