Flats fishing on foot doubtful for Sat, Sun looks good... [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Flats fishing on foot doubtful for Sat, Sun looks good...

juro
08-03-2001, 08:36 PM
Due to the risk of Tstorms my original plans to fish the am flood on the flats are all but dashed. Of course if the weatherman is wrong I'll be out there but if it's anything like tonight forget that! Lightning strikes on the water when a mile out on a flat falls under the category "exhilarating but never want to experience it again".

For all who are going tomorrow, watch out for sharks, lightning and hippie birdcounting biologists! }>

juro
08-03-2001, 08:46 PM
Tstorms expected at 9am and 3pm (http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USMA0079?day=2&forecastOffset=0&vert=WeatherCity&pres=Chatham,+MA#day) for what forecasts are worth.

striblue
08-04-2001, 05:05 PM
Juro... Todd Murphy ,Jimmy and I hightailed it out of the Crib by flats boat about 11:30 am when t-storm and lightning came very close to us from a storm coming over from The Vineyard... Made it back to Stage Harbor just in time.

Domenic
08-05-2001, 09:03 AM
Seth and I fished down below John.I landed one schoolie,broke one off,a few more strikes
Then the weather turned for the worst.Rip
Ryder picked us up just before noon.The ride home was a bear.I know now not to leave the Cape at noon on a rainy day.
Domenic