Boneclave Appetizers and Desserts [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boneclave Appetizers and Desserts

juro
08-01-2001, 10:29 AM
As extras to the community meal, individuals often bring appetizer and dessert contributions for the gang before and after the meal. This is not necessary but really works out nice. I'll bring a whole smoked salmon fillet, crackers.

Nick
08-01-2001, 10:50 AM
Homemade Caesar Salad? I'm on it.

Lefty
08-01-2001, 11:43 AM
Here's a shot of our Raw Bar.
http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/boneclave2000/juros/full/chowtime.jpg

I might as well do the same list here:

**FOOD ITEMS BEING BROUGHT (for the group dinner(s)**
***WE GOT PRETTY MUCH ENOUGH, BUT IF HERE'S SOMETHING WE'VE MISSED OR SOMETHING DEAR TO YOUR HEART, BRING IT

NickCeasar Salad
TerryFresh SalsaCoffeeTortilla Chips/Sour Cream
JuroSalmonCrackersKabob Vegies??
SullyBreakfast Brunch-yeeehaaa
RoopDem Cookies!
Estey'sDeath by Cobbler
Chowda BobChowdaNice Cherrystones
GregoSteak Tips (not skewered OK? So we can add the vegies on sight??)
Mike EsteyTie Down the Tent Chili
Mike DoogueJim Doogue sandwich specials
B.CaseyBrowniesSteamers or Shrimp Cocktail-Yowsa!
John M.Coffees+PressesFez and Cube's
TodCold Noodles

Any other ideas/things needed?? Speak up.

Lefty
08-01-2001, 12:03 PM
I wanted to add for first timers:

There are 2 "community meals". Sun night dinner and when the opportunity arrises a big woppin Breakfast or Brunch Mon or Tues! So you need a meager ammount of your own chow to get by in between. A little cereal or begals etc. and a lunch or 2. We usually get a 2nd community supper out of the leftovers and grilled catch on Mon night.

Coffee: We usually have a couple or Perkers for the gas stove. But in the morning they are too slow when the boats are raring to head out. French presses are the answer. I will bring one this year in addition to my perker. They make 2-3 cups each in a few minutes. If anyone else has em bring em.

Nick
08-01-2001, 12:08 PM
I prefer to allow the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzing of my drag wake me up. Just a personal preference. I feel it does a better job.

Hawkeye
08-01-2001, 02:13 PM
We will supply cobbler and a french press.

juro
08-01-2001, 02:34 PM
Ahhh the cobbler! Can't wait.

Lefty
08-02-2001, 10:09 AM
Check the list above for updates.

Novice
08-02-2001, 11:08 AM
If you guys want I can make a pot of my kickin' Texas chili. Just make sure your tent has good ventilation.

doogue
08-02-2001, 11:15 AM
I will be bringing some Jim Doogue sandwich specials as appetizers. I posted this on the gear thread too but I just wanted to make sure that I got that info here too...in the proper place.

-Mike

bcasey
08-02-2001, 01:31 PM
Tie the tent down Chilli ???, OK, who's bringing the two gallon bucket of PEPTOBISMOL ? Wow!
I'll have the wife donate a couple batches of her special brownies, ( no additives, since I'm all grown up now ), Also, I'll bring a big bucket of steamers from Bassets Island if I can get out there on Saturday, if not we will have to settle for shrimp cocktail.

juro
08-02-2001, 01:34 PM
Novice (08-02-2001 11:08 a.m.):
If you guys want I can make a pot of my kickin' Texas chili. Just make sure your tent has good ventilation.

Let's see - prevailing SW winds... my tent site will be on the upwind side of the site! :o

Lefty
08-02-2001, 02:40 PM
Oh my god..Look at this menu! Slerp..druel... Who lives like us?

Lefty

Tod D
08-02-2001, 04:56 PM
If needed, I could make up a batch of cold chinese noodles. It's a family fav and a specialty of my wife's. Be glad to bring a container full if it would add to the smorgasbord.

striblue
08-02-2001, 07:57 PM
Terry... I have a couple of French presses which is what I was going to bring along with various coffees... Regular all the way to Hawaian chocolate nut . Also the coffee tastes better in my opinion by using the presses and stronger.

Bobparsons
08-02-2001, 09:09 PM
Food list is closed???
Does that mean you don't want cherry stones on the halfshell?

juro
08-02-2001, 09:12 PM
... I hope Terry means except for the cherrystones! ;p

Lefty
08-02-2001, 09:38 PM
Oops. Of course bring the cherrystones. I assumed the cherrystones were a given. Sorry, I was being a stump head. And anybody can bring anything they want too. A good food meister would know when we have pretty much enough.
Lefty

juro
08-02-2001, 09:44 PM
Thanks Terry for letting us know when we are at or beyond adequate amounts because we learned in the past that there is such thing as too much food. That's an understatement!

Bob - thanks for keeping the boneclave raw bar tradition alive.

Maybe we'll have some bonito sushi on Monday night!

17 more days!

Lefty
08-02-2001, 09:48 PM
Let's put it this way Bob, we're not letting you on the Island without them. 8)

Lefty

TinMan
08-03-2001, 05:15 PM
So I guess you DON'T want the chicken wings?