Social Fishin! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Social Fishin!

FredA
02-07-2003, 06:54 AM
Generally s#&ks for me. Guess I can't fish and listen at the same time. I may be reticent but, to my social fishin demise, I am a good listener. For me, the most rewarding fishin days are when I'm able to make a focused, concentrated effort at finding and trying to catch fish, by myself. Ever wonder why, when group fishin, motormouth Roop is catching while you're nodding your head, listening to every phrase, as Jeff babbles on. I don't think Jeff has a problem walking and chewing gum at the same time. But I digress.

Juro mentioned something about a spring clave, possibly headquartered at the Anchorage or Nickerson. I thought the Anchorage worked out great 2 years ago and would vote for that. Problem is, I checked the Anchorage schedule and see that at least 2 of the 5 three cottages are already booked in the time frame we would targeting. So that option would have to be acted on pretty quick.

Dates: I would think sometime in May. I like the weekend of the 17th. Huge tides. Midday highs would allow the water on the flats to warm. Could have some fun sight fishing on the drop in the PM. Then again, maybe those kinds of tides should be reserved for solitary fishing.

So what's the thinking out there? I'm willing to "help" miester this.

Roop
02-07-2003, 07:16 AM
Ever wonder why, when group fishin, motormouth Roop is catching while you're nodding your head, listening to every phrase, as Jeff babbles on. I don't think Jeff has a problem walking and chewing gum at the same time.

I resemble that remark!

I look forward to gettgin you out on the new ride, I'll try to have the intercom speaker installed by then so when you're up on the bow I can make sure you HEAR EVERYTHING I HAVE TO SAY!!:D

That plus a stereo that I can sing along with.... now what will it be? Lounge tunes, reggae, my Lyle Lovett impersonations or 80's punk!! :hehe:

juro
02-07-2003, 07:45 AM
Fred -

Earlier would be better, I am booked for wade trips that weekend (deliberately). Might not be able to turn down income ops this year.

How about early May like the 3rd? I know some "honey holes" for that time of year ;)

Juro

jfbasser
02-07-2003, 08:02 AM
w/e of 17th is good for me

Lefty
02-07-2003, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by Roop
[B]

That plus a stereo that I can sing along with.... now what will it be? Lounge tunes, reggae, my Lyle Lovett impersonations or 80's punk!! :hehe:

Irish. Got Clancys?

With our nets and gear we're fairin
On the wild and wastful ocean
Tis on the deep, that we harvest and reap our bread
As we hunt the bonnie Shoals of Herring

JimW
02-07-2003, 10:26 AM
Fred, sounds good. Not really thinking that far out yet but depending on what's going on (family / work calendar) I'd love to attend. I'm always up for a little camping if we need to overflow to Nickerson. Is the Anchorage near Nickerson?

I can put together a sign up sheet like we had for Rhody if it will help you organize things. Just let me know.

FredA
02-07-2003, 11:15 AM
Jeff, I assume you know that I jest. I'll be sure to bring some of my favorite tunes for you to sing along to. Just hope you don't attract any large, love starved, sea going mammals.

Weekend of the third would work for me. Mothers Day weekend is out.

I guess early means Southside estuaries. I was planning on throwing herring patterns from the yak way upstream around the crablands about that time. Is that too early for areas around the Anchorage? I could put up 8 or 10 Mid Cape for a more central location and maybe there's some other boarding opportunities.

Jim, the sign up sheet would be great if this comes to pass.

Slinger
02-09-2003, 03:59 PM
As the Fishing Ninja said somewhere else,"The problem with mermaids is there is not enough woman to love and not enough fish to eat."I`d be interested but can`t commit further till plans firm up.
Slinger