Boneclave Gear List [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Boneclave Gear List

Lefty
07-30-2001, 04:32 PM
BONECLAVE GEAR FOR AUG. 19-21

**check for updates**
http://www.flyfishingforum.com/chronicles/boneclave2000/juros/full/homeport.jpg

If you want to help, grab one of the items beside a ??? (non claimed yet) and let me know

I figure this being our 3rd trip to the island we've got it down. For those first timers, redundant gear is a problem. This list is for community gear. If you are camping and getting a ride keep your stuff limited to what you need. You will need your own tent, maybe small cooler for your own stuff in addition.

Juro3 long tables tarp (quiet) cutting board
Terry 1 small grill1 card table for 2 stoves1 20lb Propane with tree feeding 2 stoves 1 Prop. Lanterntwine for trash + clothlineCoffee Pot and Press
Roop1 Stove
Chowda Bob1 large cooler1 Stove plastic silverware2nd Prop. lantern
Mike E.1 fish cooler 1 awning Spanish Mac pattern ;-)
Gregosteak tip skewers1 small grill1 prop. Lantern
SullyCampCookwearRacoon mascot suit
Dave W.Trash Bags/Zip Lock Food BagsDish Soap and scrunges
M. Dooguepaper cups/tin foil
Tim WattsICE!Block and Bag
B.Casey paper plates/paper towells

You guys rock! We're gonna have a blast!

Roop
07-30-2001, 05:06 PM
I have a nice, full-size 2 burner propane stove top that I'll bring with tank.

juro
07-30-2001, 05:20 PM
Thank you Terry, yes you definitely the right man for the job and it's great to have your experience behind this important task.

I will compile the discussion in this thread into a list once it gets going.

The link will be available on the sidebar and Boneclave Info Page. I'll also post it in the thread of course.

I have 3 weatherproof folding tables, one 8 footer and two four footers. The shorts make great tying tables and are also useful for serving food, etc.

As Terry says, we should get a list of stoves, lanterns, and other community items to avoid concerns of transporting to the island and having more than we need.

The people who are staying the whole time should be the ones who bring gear when there is more than one provider, this way there is only one lug to camp and one lug back.

I will dig up the list from the previous outings and put the information up here.

Bobparsons
07-30-2001, 10:49 PM
Since I expect to be there the entire time this year. I have a two burner propane stove. And gas lantern (need to get a new globe for it). Also have some plastic wear and a large cooler.

grego
07-31-2001, 08:45 AM
5 lbs. of Tips in Vaccuum sealed bags.
1 Small gas grill
1 lp laterrn

Novice
07-31-2001, 09:34 AM
Howdy all! I think I can get my hands on a medium sized cooler and a dutch oven (cobbler anyone?) 2 stoves, 1 e-z set up awning, Pop-up trailer :). See you guys out on the water!

Lefty
07-31-2001, 10:01 AM
Grego,
Lanterns already covered, but bring 3rd if you want, we could probably use an extra.

Mike, got 2 stoves already. But we'll take the awning.

juro
07-31-2001, 10:41 AM
Awesome job Terry!

Here are my thoughts so far:

Agenda / supplies proposal:

Saturday Aug 18th:
- No camping available
- Scouting the area

Sunday Aug 19th:

- Meet at landing (need to coordinate times)
* boats, riders pack light but complete

- Shuttle to camp / tarp trick
* big tarps and bungees (juro)

- Fish until early afternoon
* fishing stuff, coolers, ice

- Make camp when vacated
(individual)
tents, sleeping bags, flashlight, first aid, knife,
phones, medicines and toiletries, clothing, hat,
sunglasses, sunblock, camera, film, toilet paper,
rabbits foot, mojo
(community)
* large jugs of water
* lanterns and small gas cans
* 3 folding tables (juro)
* compact folding chairs
* trash bags
* twine to tie bags off ground
* clothes line / rope
* hvy weight (freezer weight) ziplock storage bags
* tin foil
* large cutting board (juro)
* dish soap and scrubber sponges
* bug spray

- Fish more until dinner

- Optionally fish straight thru and make camp at dinner

- Dinner
* 2 or 3 gas grills (tips, grilled cajun bluefish, bonito, etc)
* 1 or 2 camp stoves (pilaf, zatarans sides, coffee, etc)
* paper plates, utensils, cups
* lots of ice
* food and drinks (group dinners)
* food and drinks (individual lunches)
* more to come on this one...

- Relax, tie flies, tell stories
* small tying kit
* BS repellent

Monday Aug 20th:

- Breakfast / coffee
* eggs, sausages, potatoes, juice, etc
* coffee makers (2)

- FISH!
* all set

- Optional mid-day break at camp for those fishing closeby
* all set

- Dinner
* more food (community)

- Relax, tie flies, tell stories
* all set

Tuesday Aug 21:

- Breakfast / coffee

- FISH!

- break camp

- shuttle back (need to coordinate times)

Opinions, suggestions?

ssully
07-31-2001, 03:40 PM
The breakfast meister is IN! Plus I will be bringing a friend (tunoid virgin). :-)

I can cook it up in the morning or do it as a brunch around noon like last year.

Since there are plenty of stoves I'll bring camp cookwear. Anything else we need let me know. Evening wear,a racoon powered microwave, other essentials ? :-D

juro
07-31-2001, 03:48 PM
Ssully - I was hoping you would say that!

Keep tabs on the costs or let us know what groceries we need to pick up for you.

I'll have to get the signup going, it's August already!

Nick
08-01-2001, 06:51 AM
Juro,
As it stands now, I'm definitely in for Sunday, possibly Monday depending on some Project Twists. I'm willing to help out with any groceries you guys need or anything else.
Nick

FredA
08-01-2001, 07:06 AM
I'm in for the duration. Anything I can do to help out will be a pleasure - getting groceries, chef's assistent, setting up, breaking down, whatever. I'll be borrowing camping gear so I don't have much to offer, but I may be able to bring a lantern or two.

Fred A.

Fishinimpossible
08-01-2001, 07:39 AM
I'm pretty iffy...I may come at the last minute. I'll know better as the deadline approaches. I will bring anything I need.

Tod D
08-01-2001, 07:53 AM
Got the ok (from home & work) for Sunday-Monday. Pls let me know what I can bring. Have a Discovery 169 canoe so I can shuttle gear if need be.

Craig
08-01-2001, 08:03 AM
I will be there both days. I also have a motorize canoe if that will help out in anyway, let me know if I should bring it. Let me know what else I can bring for the group.

Dave
08-01-2001, 09:01 AM
I can come down Sunday afternoon and stay till it ends. I'll do anything and bring anything that's needed. Groceries, paper goods, etc. No one has mentioned coffee! That's vital for me and I'm sure for others. I'll bring a couple of pounds and 2 coffee pots. I'll follow this thread and sign up for other things as needed.
Dave Williams

Dave
08-01-2001, 09:19 AM
Sign me up to bring the trash bags, Zip lock baggies, dish soap, & scrunchies.
Dave Williams

Lefty
08-01-2001, 10:48 AM
Thanks Dave. As another coffee addict-see the food thread, I will post a comment.

Lefty

bigcat988
08-01-2001, 06:42 PM
I'll be there for the whole clave, I'll bring the boat, and any thing else that is needed, just let me know what I can do to help.

striblue
08-01-2001, 07:38 PM
I will be there for the Sunday fishing and dinner.. I will bring assorted cheeses and heaps of coffee from the Monomoy Coffee shop... and Cuban cigars...

juro
08-01-2001, 08:04 PM
I hope to attend all 3 days and camp both nights - but before I can commit I need to balance time off with my family (who will be on Cape Cod that week as well) while saving enough time off for the upcoming Pacific Northwest trip in the fall. North Carolina albies would have to be a weekend sortie, maybe one day borrowed. All others in 2001 would be weekend outings (Rhody, Outer Limits, etc)

This is going to be a tricky balance requiring negotiation with my wife, borrowing vacation from work, and who knows what else.

Still, I hope to attend all three days and camp both nights. Count me in for the whole enchilada for now.

Roop
08-01-2001, 08:37 PM
Terry - just let me know what you want me to bring or do.

I'll bring a couple bags of my wife's life sustaining, award winning cookies and a few cases of Red Bull.

Roop

timwatts
08-02-2001, 05:50 AM
Will bring water a big cooler and some blocks and bags of ice. Was out at hedge fence yesterday morning lots of bait around. Trollers were getting some Bonito and Spanish Mac's along the back of the shoal nothing but a fluke for me on the fly.

MarkDoogue
08-02-2001, 06:04 AM
Roop, if you spend a dime on Red Bull for the BC you'll be in my proverbial "dog house."

I'll get you two cases of the magic liquid.

doogue
08-02-2001, 06:42 AM
All,

I will be there Sunday and Monday. I will bring the paper cups and aluminum foil as well as a small camp stove and some Jim Doogue Sandwiches (as appetizers).

I may also have a spare kayak depending on what other family members of mine can make it.

I cannot wait!

-Mike

juro
08-02-2001, 11:38 AM
Terry -

That sunrise tells it all, and to think I took that photo with a cheapo drug store camera! Keep up the great work and THANK YOU!

bcasey
08-02-2001, 12:20 PM
I'll be there on Sunday only, I'll bring enough paper plates and paper towels for the duration. anything else, let me know!
I plan to put the boat in at Edwards Boat yard at about 5am, and shuttle who ever needs it. and then fish. As time gets closer, we should schedule shuttle times. I have to work on Monday and Tuesday, however, if needed, I can come over early evening to help shuttle or fish.
We're talkin virgin on the tunoids here, so any help on board will be gladly accepted.
FredA, I'll bring your jacket.

juro
08-02-2001, 12:28 PM
Did you hear that guys? A tunoid virgin! We have a tradition of fixing that at boneclaves.

Reno
08-02-2001, 01:20 PM
I'll be there on Monday & Tuesday with my 17' boat. Will be able to shuttle freight or passengers anytime (except when fishing of course).My boat will accomodate 2 fishermen in addition to the operator. Anyone's welcome to join me.
Will be at the ramp early Monday A.M. if anyone needs a ride to camp.
Bob

ssully
08-02-2001, 02:59 PM
juro (08-02-2001 01:28 p.m.):
Did you hear that guys? A tunoid virgin! We have a tradition of fixing that at boneclaves.

Juro,
Virgins...boneclave? I can see this showing up on search engines now. :-D

juro
08-09-2001, 06:31 PM
ssully (08-02-2001 04:02 p.m.):
juro (08-02-2001 01:28 p.m.):

Juro,
Virgins...boneclave? I can see this showing up on search engines now. :-D

Yeah really, we'll get the FCC on our butts... oops there I go again. You guys were smokin' drag with your flies down at the Bonito Bar recently, slammin' and dancin'. And what about deadly dick? }>

striblue
08-09-2001, 07:35 PM
To supplement the gear list I will bring... CD player and Creadance clearwater CD's... a TV and VCR... Bongo drums... tiki lights (for Roop)...Cologne...playboy Magazines... Water skiis(for those quiet times)...a Market umbrella...bermuda shorts...Golf clubs and a couple of tennis rackets...My blue blazer,whale pants and white bucks... Am I missing anything else?

bcasey
08-09-2001, 07:59 PM
John,
Have you been raiding Roops closet again?

Roop
08-09-2001, 08:03 PM
TIKI LIGHTS?!

Oh man, you better let Bigcat know your joking about your list - I can see him bringing a few Hendrix CD's to add his own twist to things. I get going with that stuff and it's "no holds barred!!"

Gettgin psyched, tying my anchovie imitations (I think) sorry for the digression Terry - you're doing a great job!!

striblue
08-09-2001, 08:13 PM
Jeff...don't act so surprised.. remember in the spring when we discussed sleeping out on South Beach... I admit the bongo drums and a replica of a Saudi Sheiks Tent.... but you recomended the tiki lights.

bigcat988
08-09-2001, 09:00 PM
Beach, Bone, Bongo, Safari. I like it.

juro
08-09-2001, 09:38 PM
Wait... that ain't sumac growing around the outhouse }>