Chatham Light/South Beach 7/27 [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Chatham Light/South Beach 7/27

DennisS
07-27-2001, 09:30 PM
Headed out to the point at 6am to fish for a few hours before heading over to South Beach. Nothing at the point, but fishing some structure further down resulted in 6 or 7 schoolies. Off to south beach at 10:00, the surf side gave up quite a few fish. Several fly guys hooking up with fish in the mid 20's. A guide and his client were doing well. After landing 3, I had to move down as the north wind was brutal. Being left handed ,it was truely chuck and duck. (make mental note to attend Juro's winter casting clave) Heading further south at low tide brought me suddenly into stripers exploding around me, a scene I had not experienced in two years. Birds at my head and stripers at my feet for the next hour. All mid 20's, hitting whatever I threw at them. What a difference from the south beach flats last week where I could not hook up. No one around except one lone boater drifting the outer edge. Life is good.........

juro
07-27-2001, 09:41 PM
Awesome! I need a good blitz this weekend, been a while for me too. Hard work week but the family's on the cape for weekend so I am SUPPOSED to be down there!

Thanks for the inspiration.