Fly Fishing Forum banner

Missin' the Rip Trip

1K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  juro 
#1 ·
Wish I was going out tomorrow - what a set up!!

Made my usual rounds this AM and it seems like nobody is talking about big fish being caught, especially on the fly.

I don't want to jinx you guys so just listen to Craig and the others with experience, get the swing down and don't start stripping until your line is at at least a 45 degree angle to the shore.... who knows what will happen.

Have fun!

Roop

G
#2 ·
Wish you were coming Roop, just got my rod back yesterday, ready to bring in some more schoolies. ;-) You never no maybe a few fat cows. I will be bringing the big fish award to pass on to the next lucky big fish winner. :)

#3 ·
Instead of stripping and retrieving try a long quick strip followed by a controlled release of the stripped line. Do this until your line is straight down current from you then double hand it in to get it back out as fast as possible. I almost always use this technique in fast current and have done fairly well with it.

Wish I was going to be out there but I gotta work on Saturday. :(

#4 ·
Good luck out there. Hope you all score some big cows.

Nick

#5 ·
My prediction... best rip trip yet!

I am jeopardizing marital bliss with this one but I just might be on that boat in the am. Both of my daugthers will have friends over and my son will be at the cottage too. As long as someone keeps the kids and dogs entertained while mom relaxes there will be peace. I figure the older kids can watch the younger kids, etc. I'm really just in the way! ;-)

Oh boy... do I believe that myself? Naw, but hey denial is my only chance!

Hope I get to go, I have that vibe... it's gonna be the best rip trip yet!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.