The Chair [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: The Chair

DEERHAAWK
01-28-2003, 06:06 PM
Good day,
Here is the Adirondack Chair/Foot rest that I built for the Seattle show. Hand made, solid tight-knot cedar in the traditional style. Hand painted Tlingit/Haida style Salmon on the front panel makes this the "Master Angler's" chair! Hand rubed with Watco Teak Finish...... Let's start the bidding

DEERHAAWK
01-28-2003, 06:10 PM
May have compressed that photo a bit much, going to try again

juro
01-28-2003, 11:31 PM
Very cool! The salmon in front is a nice touch.

Striblue - wouldn't that look good on the porch at CAC? Penguin, at area 61? If the shipping was not such a bear across 3000 miles I know where it would find a fine home.

Who has a place we can call a forum hideaway in Seattle where we can pitch in and put this? Aaron, do you have a front porch at the Speyshop?

DEERHAAWK
01-29-2003, 12:27 AM
After a long day of casting, catching, and releasing. You come home, grab your favorite drink of choice, the down blanket and head out to the porch for some sunset reflecting time! And just think, all the pennys for this chair go to the Seattle show.......
Win....Win....
Many others have there's already, Who's next?
Deerhawk

P.S. I deliver to the I5 corridor, Washington and Oregon, Free...

willmullis
01-30-2003, 09:53 AM
It's awesome that you can make something like that by hand. I tried to make a bird house once and well let's just say the birds would rather be homeless :(

DEERHAAWK
01-30-2003, 06:46 PM
Willmullis,
Thanks man!
Deerhawk

DEERHAAWK
01-30-2003, 06:58 PM
Willmullis,
You had a rock climbing section on your site, and you are from Ohio. I climbed in S.E. Ohio in the 80's, but don't remember the name of the spot, only that it was off a highway, long cliff-like faces, about 20-30' max, with lots of trees, out in the country. Ring a bell? Anyhow, nice site!
Deerhawk

juro
01-30-2003, 07:08 PM
Deerhawk -

I will put the chair into the next auction - THANKS MAN!

willmullis
01-30-2003, 09:17 PM
DEERHAAWK,

Haven't really seen to much of S.E. Ohio, but I do know that Hocking Hills is out that way and is suppose to be really cool and with alot of nice rock faces. Other than that I don't really know much more. Thanks for the comments about the site.

removed_by_request
01-30-2003, 10:16 PM
DH,

Very nice seat, you would make Norm jealous.

DEERHAAWK
01-30-2003, 10:25 PM
Willmullis,
Hocking Hills, thats the place! Was there to climb/photograph with a group of guys from Columbus area. I have some B+W negs around somewhere, I'll look for them and E you a print!

Juro- Next Auction works, thanks!
Deerhawk