Ladies And Gentlemen !!! Children Of All Ages !!! [Archive] - Fly Fishing Forum

: Ladies And Gentlemen !!! Children Of All Ages !!!

DFix
01-27-2003, 10:51 AM
Tune your television sets to Chronicle Magazine on Channel 5 tonight, at 7:30. Mary Richardson's piece on Cape Cod in Winter, and how the locals deal with their peace and privacy sans tourists, JUST MAY SHOWCASE ONE OF OUR OWN !!! :D

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/chronicle/1929309/detail.html

We may just get a glimpse of His Supreme BeingNess, the Shah of AreaSixtyOne, Potentate of Penguinia, stealthily skulking, practicing his binoculary prowess ! :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

FredA
01-27-2003, 12:01 PM
Can't remember his name but I could swear I saw Mary's Chronicle partner at the Flyshow last weekend.

Penguins on TV huh. Can't miss that.

John Desjardins
01-27-2003, 01:14 PM
Shucks, 7:30-8:00 thats when all heck breaks loose with the little one being read her nighttime stories and her older brother coming up with some creative delay for his bath.

striblue
01-27-2003, 08:07 PM
I could swear I saw Penguin WITH BIRDERS!!!!! on Chronicle tonight... great show on the Cape and nice shots of the Cut and the rest of the Cape and some Artisans... The there is Pete with his telescope rubber necking with the intelligencia... Ohhhhh that will go far!!!! We can streach that story out for a while.....

Penguin
01-27-2003, 08:35 PM
And we get "captured" by the AmazonAudubonChicks...
Guess who will be treated kindly?!
Guess who will be afforded "special treatment" while the "others" will be dealt with, shall we say, "severely"...?! :whoa:

..and by the way...
I'm the one who found the GreatBlueHeron (GBH for us "insiders"):razz:

kush
01-27-2003, 08:43 PM
Too bad we can't view this amazing spectacle on the Left Coast. Did anyone tape it for viewing at a later date?

striblue
01-27-2003, 09:35 PM
I wish I did ,Kush..I really wish I did!

juro
01-27-2003, 09:57 PM
Peter Mehegan of Chronicle is said to be an avid flyfisherman. We invited him to Big Brother Day last year, in fact invited Chronicle to cover the event. Their reply...

"we don't work weekends"

But that was fine, I guess it made me feel our work was even more important that Sunday morning. Can't wait to do it again!

Roop
01-28-2003, 08:38 AM
While I missed the show due to playing nurse the the kiddies....

I have been growing more and more concerned with the Penguin being lured to the dark side the "intelligencia".

Recent phone conversations have him talking about how he's now smoking clove cigarettes... wearing a beret... hanging out in coffe bars.... AND thinking of moving to the people's repulbic of CAMBRIDGE!!

Hopefully this is all a subversion on his behalf to uncover some prime wingshooting territory.;)

Nick
01-28-2003, 09:24 AM
Nice work penguin! Where's the FFF hat? ;)

And Roop, watch it, some of us live in 02140. :cool:

Roop
01-28-2003, 10:35 AM
And Roop, watch it, some of us live in 02140.

Nick, I know you're just living there because of your "jones" for artsy women.

I hope you're staying in shape for pulling my new ride across the flats, it's gonna be a little more challengin than the yak!:D

For some reason Cathy wants to know when you're coming back for another visit:eyecrazy:

Stay in touch.

Roop

DFix
01-28-2003, 07:16 PM
Nick, it's the ones who live both around you, and in the other 021's in the PRC we're worried about :eyecrazy:

Pete - don't let 'em rile ya - those AmazonAudubonChicks are yours for the takin' :hehe:

gordonh
01-28-2003, 08:33 PM
Is this yet another "transcending event" by the Penguin?

Cabelas and others do sell Great Blue Heron "confidence decoys".
Did the FFF's "Penguin" manage to be the first to "discover" the "GBH" in the distance? Was it a real "GBH"?.

I have yet to meet him in person. I know that, in fact, he was the "lifesaver" for the Forum last year (?) when he saved an unfortunate tourist attempting to fish in the Bowl in Chatham. I was looking for the fez, the FFF hat, or the unfortunate dentures on the program but saw only a whole bunch of "beautiful people".

Hopefully I will be introduced to Pete at one of the shows. I would love to meet JM "STRIBLUE" if Pete can get him to press his outfit in time too!

Juro, its only a matter of time before the Boston TV stations want to meet some members of the FFF on the FFF's terms!

:)

MarkDoogue
01-28-2003, 09:26 PM
I'm proud to say I know the Penguin.

I also realized the scope of his influence this week. He must have been monitoring his "Skunkworks" surveillance satellite network from the bunker @ Area 61 last weekend because he was able to pick me out, on the mean streets of Waltham, carrying a couch out to a truck for a friend that is moving. At the moment of truth my cell phone rings and it's Pete with some sage advice. I just had to take this important "work" call while the rest of my buddies loaded the couch.:hehe:

Can't be too careful with that casting arm........I need all the help I can get!:o

Penguin
01-28-2003, 11:19 PM
Due to obvious security/intel reasons, detail is limited but...
On a clear day, maybe I really can see YOU!:whoa:

FredA
01-30-2003, 04:28 PM
Gordon,
I happen to know that to remove a springtime skunking the Penguin will resort to stopping at the same hole, beside the well lit, strip mall infested main drag that you frequent. He can be ID'd by the well tailored full camo garb, aggressive but refined casting stroke and, if he snags a piece of bait, a compulsion to sample (taste) it.